13th August 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

How should I qualify GATE? I am studying 3rd year B.E in Civil Engineering

now i am studying 3rd b.e in civil engg how qualify gate

8th December 2012, 08:24 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How should I qualify GATE? I am studying 3rd year B.E in Civil Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
now i am studying 3rd b.e in civil engg how qualify gate
Dear Aspirant,

Currently the students get a chance of writing GATE exam only if they are in the Final year or Holding their degree.

The pre-final year students of BE/BTech/B.ARch cannot apply Since they donot meet the eligibility of GATE rules to write exam.

This rule was introduced from this year 2012.

So if you are in 3rd year you cannot apply for the GATE Exams.But you can apply in the final year.i.e 4th year.

The GATE officials will release a cut off marks after the conducting of exam.

Last time the scores for Qualifying GATE or Previous Cutoff Marks of Gate Qualifying :
  • For OBC - 27 marks
  • For SC/ST - 20 marks
  • For General - 30 Marks

So based on the exam pattern Difficulty easy,medium and hard. The scores are planned and released.

So the Higher the difficulty the cutoff will be low.So based on the above mentioned marks.The marks will be approximately equal.

Hope you got the info required.Any queries don't hesitate to ask on more questions.

All the best

Regards,
Sampath
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?