13th July 2012, 02:49 AM
daisy.gupta.

How to start preparation for IFS exam?

If exam for Forest range officer and Indian forest services exam, is same?How to start preparation for IFS?

Related Questions:
  1. When and how should I start my preparation of IFS? Which subjects can I choose as my optionals being a B.Com student
  2. Reference books and coaching classes in Tamil Nadu and Kerala for the preparation of IFS exam? How can I prepare for it?
  3. How to become an IFS officer? I am studying in civil engineering diploma course
  4. Any special sub geology and forestry to prepare for IFS exam?
  5. How to start my preparation for IFS from 4th semester? I am a student of B.Tech 2nd year at NIT Nagpur
  6. IFS/IAS Exams Syllabus, Preparations Tips and Availability of IFS/IAS forms -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Which is relatively easier among Agriculture and forestry? Books to be referred for IFS exam preparation?
  8. Information about Indian Forest Service Exam? Any Training institutes for IFS exam preparation?
  9. Best books to be referred to prepare for IFS exam?
  10. How to start preparation for Civil Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech course?
  11. What to do after completing BSc in subjects of Zoology, Botany, Chemistry and Environmental Science
  12. Can I appear in IFS exam at the age of 21 years? Tips for preparation? -- [New]
  13. How should I start the preparation for CAT exam?
  14. Procedure to apply for IAS/IFS exam? How to prepare for it and which study material should be used? Subjects available for medical students in preliminary exam?
  15. In what manner should I start preparation for IES exam? Should I refer college books?
  16. How should I start preparation for IES entrance exam? What are the jobs available?
  17. How to start the preparation for ISRO?
  18. How to start and where to start preparation for MAT Exam?
13th July 2012, 06:39 AM
EALPExpert

Default Re: How to start preparation for IFS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy.gupta. View Post
If exam for Forest range officer and Indian forest services exam, is same?How to start preparation for IFS?
Preparation Of IFS Exam :

IFS stands for indian forest service and this is conducted by the union public service commission for requiting the indian forest officer post and so for attending entrance exam required educational qualifications are you must completed the graduation in any one of the following discipline such as Geology/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Physics. And required age limit should be 21-30 years and here age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per govt rules.

For requiting the indian forest officer, the selection procedure is based on the written examination and personal interview, apart from first conducted the written test and after qualifying the written test called for personal interview. Now you must prefer for written test and this test containing the two compulsory subjects and two optional subjects. Apart from compulsory subject are like general English and general knowledge, coming to optional subjects, you can selected any two of following13 subjects they include..
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Agriculture Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Agriculture
  • Geology
  • Mathematics
  • Statistics
  • Forestry
  • Zoology
  • Botany
  • Chemistry
  • Physics

After qualifying the written test will be called for interview by the UPSC and the marks of written test and interview are added to final mark for selection of you for indian forest service. For crack the written test, you need to chose your optional subject and after that you need to prepare the time table and after that download the previous papers and buy the reference books apart from few reference books are mention below they include..
  • Handbook of Agriculture by ICAR
  • Pathology By Singh
  • Engineering Mechanics byShames
  • Strength of Material by V.N Vazaram
  • Concrete Technology by M.S Shetty
  • Irrigation Engineering by S.K.Garg
  • Soil Minerology by I.E.Grim
  • Mechanism by D.S.Mathur

And also download previous papers and if you interested to become a indian forest officer then you can tack the coaching, apart from few top coaching centers are like Success IAS Academy/ Anand Institute of Mathematics/ Brilliant/ Career Launcher and to become a indian forest officer then you need to secured minimum of 80-90% marks.

~~ Regards
EALPExpert
13th July 2012, 08:49 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
AS you are interested for IFS exam , The eligibility criteria for IFS exam are as follows....

The list of best books for preparation ......

The exam pattern for IFS exam,......

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.......
13th July 2012, 11:51 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

First of all you must be aware of the exam pattern. There are a total of six papers. The first paper will be on general English and the second general knowledge. Each of these papers will be out of 300 marks. For the remaining papers you need to select any two subjects from the list provided in UPSC site. There will be two papers for each of these subjects. So you must make a timetable based on the syllabus of each of these papers and prepare accordingly.
10th January 2013, 06:36 PM
logavdm

sir , i am loganathan, i am doing bsc(computer science) final year , i ask to you i am eligible or not for IFS examinations. and how can i first apply this examination pls tell him sir
11th January 2013, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

can forestry and environmental science subjects be combined for ifs exam?
11th January 2013, 11:45 PM
Narendra k.
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: How to start preparation for IFS exam?

Quote:

IFS stands for indian forest service and this is conducted by the union public service commission for requiting the indian forest officer post and so for attending entrance exam required educational qualifications are you must completed the graduation in any one of the following discipline such as Geology/ Statistics/ Mathematics/ Zoology/ Botany/ Chemistry/ Physics. And required age limit should be 21-30 years and here age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per govt rules.

For requiting the indian forest officer, the selection procedure is based on the written examination and personal interview, apart from first conducted the written test and after qualifying the written test called for personal interview. Now you must prefer for written test and this test containing the two compulsory subjects and two optional subjects. Apart from compulsory subject are like general English and general knowledge, coming to optional subjects, you can selected any two of following13 subjects they include..
Chemical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Agriculture Engineering
Civil Engineering
Agriculture
Geology
Mathematics
Statistics
Forestry
Zoology
Botany
Chemistry
Physics

After qualifying the written test will be called for interview by the UPSC and the marks of written test and interview are added to final mark for selection of you for indian forest service. For crack the written test, you need to chose your optional subject and after that you need to prepare the time table and after that download the previous papers and buy the reference books apart from few reference books are mention below they include..
Handbook of Agriculture by ICAR
Pathology By Singh
Engineering Mechanics byShames
Strength of Material by V.N Vazaram
Concrete Technology by M.S Shetty
Irrigation Engineering by S.K.Garg
Soil Minerology by I.E.Grim
Mechanism by D.S.Mathur
18th January 2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

can i take the combination of agriculture and forestry?
27th February 2013, 09:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

Chemical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Agriculture Engineering
Civil Engineering
Agriculture
Geology
Mathematics
Statistics
Forestry
Zoology
Botany
Chemistry
Physics

Handbook of Agriculture by ICAR
Pathology By Singh
Engineering Mechanics byShames
Strength of Material by V.N Vazaram
Concrete Technology by M.S Shetty
Irrigation Engineering by S.K.Garg
Soil Minerology by I.E.Grim
Mechanism by D.S.Mathur
16th March 2013, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

can married women eligible for ifs exam?
9th May 2013, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

The query is for my daughter who is doing first year in B.Tech -I.T. . My daughter 19 years age would like to try IFS (Indian Foreign Service) Is it possible
she can begin now coaching for IFS. We belongs to Cochin and is there any approved coaching centre available or shall we get coaching online.
Kindly send your reply to guide us?
9th July 2013, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I opt for civil engineering and Geology ? Most of the geology syllabi are in common with civil engineering ..
27th September 2013, 06:32 AM
Unregistered

Please give some more related study material for preparation of IFS in regards with the technical as well as general knowledge and general english and previous years exam papers with the latest pattern.
22nd January 2014, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

how to start the preparation of "Indian Foreign Service" ?? what are the subjects to be chosen since i am from biotechnology background??
5th November 2014, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

now I m in 2nd yr agricultural biotechnology .so which subject nd the classes extra coaching should I prefer
8th November 2014, 10:17 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir
I am student of b.sc biotechnology. Can I write the exam of ifs after my b.sc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?