19th July 2012, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

How to start preparation for Civil Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech course?

i completed my btech recently.yet i dont know about civils.now i want to prepare for civils .iam in confusion that how to start the preparation.so please give me an advice for me,at starting what books should i refer and how to start my preparation.

9th February 2013, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to start preparation for Civil Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech course?

How to apply for ias examination? Online or offline???
1st July 2013, 12:03 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to start preparation for Civil Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech course?

Civil services exam is conducted by UPSC two times an year. Exam preparations can be started after understandinf exam pattern and syllabus. Topics on politics, constitution, general studies, English, social and economic development, etc are asked for the exam. CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills by Shalini Verma, CSAT-Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability by Dr. M.B.Lal & Ashok Gupta, CSAT Decision Making Problem Solving & Interpersonal Skills by Prem Shankar Jha, etc are some of the books to be referred for studies. Referring previous year question papers will be useful for studies.
3rd April 2015, 01:49 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i completed my btech recently.yet i dont know about civils.now i want to prepare for civils .iam in confusion that how to start the preparation.so please give me an advice for me,at starting what books should i refer and how to start my preparation.

The Civil Services exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is held every year. This exam offers candidates to join in posts such as IAS, IPS, IFS. There are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exams and they include:
  • Nationality
  • Age limit
  • Educational qualification

Having completed B.Tech you are eligible as per the educational qualification needed for the exams and you should also satisfy the rest of the criteria's to be eligible.

To start preparing for the Civil exam you can refer the following books:

For General Studies:
  • India Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
  • General Science by Tata Mc Graw Hill Guide
  • Quantitative Apitude by R.S. Aggarwal
  • Refer the newspaper for current affairs

For Indian History & Culture:
  • Gandhi Nehru Tagore & Ambedkar By Gopal Krishna
  • Modern India by Bipin Chandra
  • History of Modern India Raghavan Aiyer

For Geography:
  • Economic and Commercial Geography of India by Sharma & Cotinho
  • General Principles of World Geography by Charles Farro

For Indian Economy:
  • Evolution of Indian Economy By I C Dhingra.
  • Indian Economy by Mishra & Puri or Dutt & Sundaram

For more info regarding the exams check ast http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?