10th October 2010, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply for IAS/IFS exam? How to prepare for it and which study material should be used? Subjects available for medical students in preliminary exam?

im a medical graduate, and further wish to go for ias/ifs exams. if u cud please tell me the exam procedure in detail, preparation, study material and subjects available for medical students in pre liminary exam and an approximated time required for thorough preparation.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the age limit for group I exam? What is the procedure for the exam?
  2. How to prepare for HAS Exam? Which Books should I refer for this Exam? Where can I get study materials to prepare for this Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the syllabus to prepare for STET exam? What is the right study material?
  4. Procedure to prepare for MAT entrance exam? What kind of study material is to be referred?
  5. Procedure to apply for civil services examination? Reference books to prepare for preliminary examination?
  6. Study material for NET exam? Procedure to apply for NET exam?
  7. How to apply for MS? Procedure to apply for it? Is it true that IIT students get admission easily?
  8. How can I prepare for UPSC Preliminary exam? Suitable books for preparation? What are the subjects enlisted for UPSC exam?
  9. Details about KAS preliminary exam? Where to get the study material?
  10. How a Political Science Honours course is beneficial to crack UPSC IAS Examination? -- [New]
  11. How should I prepare for IAS entrance exam? Where can I get the study material?
  12. Study material for IFS exam if my optional subjects are Botany and Zoology? Best institutes providing the study material through distance learning?
  13. Study Material to prepare for UGC NET Exam in Computer Science and Maths? List of Reference Books to prepare for these subjects?
  14. Best suitable course after XII Medical to become an IAS Officer?
  15. How should i prepare for medical entrance exams keeping track of various subjects and study hours?
  16. Where to get study material for IAS Preliminary Exam?
  17. How to prepare for UGC NET exam for computer science? Where to get the study material?
  18. When will Taxation exam will happen this year? How to prepare for it? What is the date?
15th August 2011, 03:20 PM
anil krishna

Default Re: Procedure to apply for IAS/IFS exam? How to prepare for it and which study material should be used? Subjects available for medical students in preliminary exam?

hi,

Eligibility criteria for IFS examination?

You Can Apply for IAS examination By Either Online Or Offline.

So, If You are Interested to Apply online for IAS examination Then Please visit the Official Websites -

http://www.upsconline.nic.in

But, If You are Interested to apply Offline, then You Can purchase the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

Important Dates of IAS Exams 2011 -

Date of Notification - 19/02/2011

Last Date for Receipt of Applications - 21/3/011

Date of Exam - 12/6/011

Eligibility Creteria for IAS Exams -

Age limits - 21-30 years for candidates belonging to the general category.

Educational qualification - You Must hold a degree of a recognized university, Only then You are Eligible to appear for This exams. So, If you have Completed Your Bachelor degree Or Appear in Final Year of Bachelor Degree, then You are Eligible to appear in IAS Examination 2011.

And If You are Interested to Get Any Information Regarding IAS 2011 Examination, Then I will Suggest You Just Visit the Official Websites -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th August 2011, 03:30 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply for IAS/IFS exam? How to prepare for it and which study material should be used? Subjects available for medical students in preliminary exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
im a medical graduate, and further wish to go for ias/ifs exams. if u cud please tell me the exam procedure in detail, preparation, study material and subjects available for medical students in pre liminary exam and an approximated time required for thorough preparation.
Hello friend,
If you are willing to join IAS or the IFS, you will have to write Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC.

To write the exam, you must hold a bachelors degree in any stream and as you have mentioned that you are a medical graduate, you are eligible for the exam.

The maximum age limit to apply for the exam is 30 years for candidates belonging to general category, 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST candidate.

You may apply wither through the application form available at post offices and head post officers or you may also apply online through www.upsconline.nic.in.

The preliminary exam has been replaced by civil service aptitude test and hence, now there won't be any optional papers in this stage of examination.
It will comprise of two compulsory papers.

As far as preparation is concerned, you should start it as soon as you have decided to apply for the exam. The more time you give for preparation of the exam, the more will be the chances to succeed .

For further information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
15th August 2011, 05:26 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Procedure to apply for IAS/IFS exam? How to prepare for it and which study material should be used? Subjects available for medical students in preliminary exam?

Quote:
Very good decision that you have selected IAS as your target. I appreciate your decision.

First of all I need to clear you one thing there are no separate exams for IAS/IPS and IFS all these are services for these services the personnel are recruited through a common entrance exam called Civils service examination.

Civil service examination is Notified once in a year and this examination is conducted by UPSC which is a government body and which is deeply committed to select the top brains of India for the integrity and Development of India itself.

The procedure to write this examination is after attaining the eligibility criteria you have to wait for notifications
next you have to apply for the examination in response to the notification.
you will receive the hall ticket and examination center details
After thorough preparation
you should writer the preliminary examination(Now CSAT)
after successfully completing this stage of the examination you have to wait for the results if you clear this stage you will get promoted to next stage i.e., nothing but Mains examination.

You have to prepare and clear this mains examination too after clearing this also you will get a call letter for a personal interview

in this interview you have to present your best before a panel of board directors. After a good interview adding up all your performances you will be given a rank based on which they will decide your service and also cadre.

Service is depended upon your choice but cadre is not up to you they will decide it.
After getting a particular service you will be called for training after completing training you will be sent to your cadre as a junior officer.

this is all about the procedure a IAS aspirant must undergo.

Coming to the preparation hardwork with the help of a coaching center(in my view) will work out. to crack the IAS entrance exam or civil service entrance exam.

Regards

~AdityA~
15th August 2011, 06:04 PM
Sehwag6

ias and ifs stands for Indian administrative service and Indian foreign service

eligibility:-

**educational qualification is graduation in any stream

**age limit is 21 to 30 years

**then apply union public service commission

**it conducts exams every year

**age relaxation and attempts:-

for SC/ST 5years and no limit for attempts

for BC 3years and 7attempts

general 4 attempts

it consists of preliminary,written test and interview
15th August 2011, 06:38 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

You need very hard work to do only then you can get success in this area. You will be apply through the offline mode when this forms come you can find the details from the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in. You have to study regular 7-10 hours per day for more help take help from any coaching institute.
16th August 2011, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

any age relaxation for state(andhra pradesh) government employees
29th August 2011, 10:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Both IAS / IFS are conducted by UPSC exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM:-

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 30 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST category candidates,only minimum age is required i.e 21 years.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IFS:

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Bachelor's degree in Science with at least one of the following Subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Statistics, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry; or Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any stream) / Forestry/ Agriculture; or MBBS.

AGE LIMIT:

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs

NO OF ATTEMPTS:

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

For more details,please refer to the official website:
www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
18th September 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

I AM STUDYING IN CLASS XII. I AM A MATHS STUDENT.WANT TO BE AN IFS OFFICER(Indian foreign services).WILL DO B-TECH TO BE A GRADUATE.BUT MY MAIN AIM IS IFS.KINDLY GIVE ME SOME GUIDELINES TO PREPARE FOR IFS AT AN EARLY STAGE MANAGING MY STUDIES ALSO.
I WILL BE HIGHLY OBLIGED.
10th November 2011, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

i am karthikeyan. i am bca graduate. i wanna become a ias. could u list out the books names for ias prelim? PLEASE
7th May 2012, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

i am santosh.i am completed graduate with bcom.but intermediate completed in vocational i am eligible to civils yes or no
9th April 2013, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

I am premchand . I completed my graduation in bsc.can list out the books for ias prelim and mains please
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?