21st May 2012, 12:56 AM
karanluky07

How to take admission in IPS? Can I start its preparation while in 1st year?

Hello sir.my name is karan kapoor and im in 1 year in college doing engineering.i want to be a ips.can i start its preparation from now only.what to refer sir.help me

21st May 2012, 08:22 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take admission in IPS? Can I start its preparation while in 1st year?

Hi dear...........
The eligibility criteria for IPS exam are as follows........

The list of best books which you can prepare for the exam....

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck.......
21st May 2012, 09:38 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to take admission in IPS? Can I start its preparation while in 1st year?

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer one should appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

You are now pursing 1st year of Engineering, after completion of B.Tech. Degree you will be eligible to apply for Civil Service exam. It is very good that your taking so much of interest to become an IPS officer from now. This is advisable to first complete your Graduation Degree in Engineering successfully, you should start your preparation as per the Civil Service syllabus from now but you should not take admission to any coaching Institute for IPS now which you may do after completing your Graduation.

The candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

There is certain prescribed Physical requirement for IPS aspirants:-

HEIGHT - For General Male-165cm and for Female-150cm. For SC/ST Male the height should be 160cm and for Female-145cm.

CHEST:- For Male-85cm and for Female-79cm expandable to 5cm for both the cases.

For further information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st May 2012, 12:20 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanluky07 View Post
Hello sir.my name is karan kapoor and im in 1 year in college doing engineering.i want to be a ips.can i start its preparation from now only.what to refer sir.help me
If your aspiring to become and IPS Officer then you should apply for UPSC Examination ( Civil Service Examination ) , This IPS Examination is conducted by the UPSC for every year .

If your interested in IPS Examination then you should know the details regarding IPS Examination, I provide full details regarding IPS Examination please go through it .

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and this Examination is Conducted by the UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission) for every years . To apply for this Examination you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university .

This Examination is divided into three stages namely ,

- Preliminary Examination ( The preliminary Examination is based on the Objective type with Multiple choice )
- Main Examination and ( The Main Examination is based Written Examination and Interview )
-Interview

Eligibility Criteria :-
--------------------------------

>> The applicant should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university .

>> Final year candidate may also eligible to apply fort his Examination

>> Note :- Pass Marks is enough to apply for IPS Examination

>> The applicant age should be 21 years to 30 years .

>> The applicant should be physically as well as medically fit for the Examination .

Number of Attempts :-
--------------------------------

For General Candidates ==>> 4 times
For OBC candidates ===>> 7 times
For SC/ST candidates ===>> No limit

If your satisfy the eligibility criteria then your eligible to apply for this IPS Examination .

Can I start its preparation while in 1st year ?

Being an 1st year candidate, I suggest you to First concentrate on your studies , After completing Five semester you may start preparation for IPS Examination . Then definitely you may crack the IPS Examination .

To crack the IPS Examination you should go through the following Books ,

Books for IPS Examination :-
------------------------------------
14th October 2013, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I want to try for UPSC exams after 12th science. what could I do?
6th May 2014, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

ishitachatterjee
sir,
how can i start preparation for ips?How many cost involved?i am a political science student....my email id is [email protected] contact me sir....
18th February 2016, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

I want to take admission in ips but I don't know WHR I going to take admission and going to the exams
16th August 2017, 06:50 AM
Unregistered

FOR CIVIL SERVICE COACHING DIFFERENT PUBLISHERS BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE FOR EACH SECTION WE CAN CHOOSE ANY BOOKS FOR IT?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?