14th August 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

When to start preparation for IPS Exam?

when should i start preparation of ips exams. my aim is to see myself as an IPS officer

Related Questions:
  1. When is the right time to start preparation for IPS exam?
  2. How can I start preparation for IPS? I am a B.E Mechanical student
  3. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  4. Can I start preparation to become an IPS Officer pursuing Engineering in ECE stream?
  5. How can I start my preparation for IPS? What is the cost involved?
  6. How to take admission in IPS? Can I start its preparation while in 1st year?
  7. How should I start my preparation to become an IPS being a candidate pursuing final year of BE?
  8. How to write and prepare for IPS exam? When to start the preparation?
  9. How to start my preparation from college days to become an IPS Officer being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  10. How to start the preparation for IPS while doing masters in Economics?
  11. How can I appear for IPS exam? I have completed 12th science
  12. Courses after 12th Commerce to become an IPS Officer? Coaching classes for preparation of IPS exam? -- [New]
  13. Should I start preparation for Indian Postal Service exam after completing 12th? Whether the mentioned subjects are compulsory? Suitable books for preparation?
  14. When to start preparation for UPSC Exam to go for IPS or IAS being a candidate of MCA?
  15. What to do to become an IPS officer after 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to start preparation for Civil Exam being a candidate having completed B.Tech course?
  17. Best books for preparation of IPS entrance exam?
  18. What is the right time for preparation for IPS or IAS exam?
16th August 2011, 07:28 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: When to start preparation for IPS Exam?

You can start your IPS preparation from first year of your graduation course.A preparation of 3 to 4 years will be sufficient for going through the exam.You can even go through coaching classes so that you get an idea about Mains and interviews being conducted after the preliminary examination.

Here I am attaching the syllabus hence please go through it.You can refer books of NCERT from 6th to 10th of subjects like Geography and History.Referring these books will be quite useful for the exam.You can even refer the below mentioned books

Tata McGraw Hill's (TMH) GS Manual for prelims:-This book covers all the topics like History, Geography, Polity, Economy, Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Mental Ability, Facts,.etc. It is very useful for finding all information at one place.

You can even follow books like Constitution of India by DD Basu, Manorama Year Book.All these books mentioned above may come in handy for the examination.read newspapers daily so that you get updated about the current events.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CSAT-Syllabus-for-UPSC-Prelims-2011.pdf(61.9 KB, 275 views)
10th September 2011, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

i am working in a bpo so can you suggest me the way i can prepare for my ips papers. i am passionate to join the services but i dont have the time for the coaching.
can u suggest the correct material so i can prepare for the prelims.
1st November 2011, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

i am graduate, i want to become an ips officer, can u suggest me the way i can prepare for my ips papers,i don,t have enough money for the coaching. can u suggest the correct material so i can prepare for the prelims.
24th December 2011, 04:38 PM
Unregistered

Which is the top most institute for ips exam and fee structer
20th February 2012, 08:20 AM
Unregistered

only geography ,history,civics,are included in ips other subject like commerce are not included for this exam
9th March 2012, 11:33 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

hello
graduation from a recognized university or a college in India is the min eligibility criteria for IPS
he should be 21 years to 30 years of age at the time of appearing in the UPSC held civi; services examination
the union public service commission conducts the civil services exam every year . The civil services exam holds the key for entry into a no of prestigious jobs in the country including the indain administrative service , indian foreign service and indian police service

Eligibility :

Nationality
age limit
min educational qualification
no of attempts
restrictions on applying for the examination
physical standards
15th March 2012, 10:25 PM
masuka123

Dear,
You can only become the IPS officer by giving civil services examination.
Eligibility for civil services examination are given below
- Graduation degree from any recognized university.
- No percentage bar.
- Age limit - 21 years to 30 years (5 year age relaxation to SC/ST and 3 year age relaxation to OBC)

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
13th April 2012, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

How i can start my preparation of upsc exam without joining any coaching classes....!
18th April 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
when should i start preparation of ips exams. my aim is to see myself as an IPS officer
plz i want information of ips officer exam.......so plz u tell me about that
7th June 2012, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i want to be a ips officers but i don't have my 12th and now i 20 year old so tell me in order to be a ips officers what must i do for this
15th June 2012, 09:30 PM
guruvana244

It's good , then i attach the syllabus of IPS exam,

Go through it ,
go your near by bookstores and collect those books which you feel the best..

Prepare yourself..don't go for more no. books , it may create confusion ,
and be through about your subjects..

you need not to complete 100 % of the syllabus, you may complete the 60-70% of it, but you should confident about your chapter that you complete.

And also go for some sample question papers , you can get a basic idea

Goos luck..~~
16th June 2012, 12:20 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

IPS preparation tips:

Preliminary exam is a qualifying stage.This exam has two papers in which one is optional you can choose a subject and other is of general studies.

-->>First of all to get good command over general science.
The best way to begin your exams preparation in above mentioned subjects is you can follow the NCERT books.

-->>To prepare for optional subject paper the most important thing is that you choose a subject about which you are very much confident.

You must keep in mind that the IPS is a highly reputed service in India.

All the best...................
7th July 2012, 06:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
i am working in a bpo so can you suggest me the way i can prepare for my ips papers. i am passionate to join the services but i dont have the time for the coaching.
can u suggest the correct material so i can prepare for the prelims.
if you are not having such time for coaching then how can you manage 7 to 8 hrs. for prep.
8th July 2012, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Now I'am in 12th ,what did I what to do to become IPS officer
15th September 2012, 11:30 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

IPS Preparation Tips

Succeeding the IPS examination is regarded as prestigious and it is the dream of many students to become an IPS Officer. But, the general impression regarding civil service examinations like IPS is that it is really hard to get through the examination. But, the candidates can get through the IPS examination with mere practice and dedicated hard work. Some of the tips for IPS examination preparation are given below:

Proper planning is very much essential in the process of preparing for the IPS civil service examination. The candidate should plan the time to be spent for preparing for each subject.
It is essential to go through the NCERT books of classes 6 to 12. If the candidates have a clear knowledge about the subjects covered under these books, it will be easier for them to get through the IPS examination.
The candidates should keep themselves updated regarding the current affairs by reading the newspapers daily.
Monthly news magazines will also be helpful. The candidates can go through the magazines like chronicle, The Frontline, Yojana, Kurukshetra, The week / outlook, Survey of Indian industries, etc…
In the case of preliminary examination, it will easier for the candidates to score well in case they select subjects like geography, political sciences, public administration and history. On the other hand, it will be difficult to score in subjects like civil engineering. Therefore, the candidates should think twice before selecting the optional subjects.
Preparing with the help of the past five year question papers is very much essential. This is because, generally the same pattern of questions is followed and so it will be easier for the candidates to practice well for the examination.
It is very much essential for the candidates to develop their presentation skills, only with good presentation skills; they will be able to succeed in the IPS examination.
15th September 2012, 11:32 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

Smile Re: When to start preparation for IPS Exam?

IPS Preparation Tips

Succeeding the IPS examination is regarded as prestigious and it is the dream of many students to become an IPS Officer. But, the general impression regarding civil service examinations like IPS is that it is really hard to get through the examination. But, the candidates can get through the IPS examination with mere practice and dedicated hard work. Some of the tips for IPS examination preparation are given below:

Proper planning is very much essential in the process of preparing for the IPS civil service examination. The candidate should plan the time to be spent for preparing for each subject.
It is essential to go through the NCERT books of classes 6 to 12. If the candidates have a clear knowledge about the subjects covered under these books, it will be easier for them to get through the IPS examination.
The candidates should keep themselves updated regarding the current affairs by reading the newspapers daily.
Monthly news magazines will also be helpful. The candidates can go through the magazines like chronicle, The Frontline, Yojana, Kurukshetra, The week / outlook, Survey of Indian industries, etc…
In the case of preliminary examination, it will easier for the candidates to score well in case they select subjects like geography, political sciences, public administration and history. On the other hand, it will be difficult to score in subjects like civil engineering. Therefore, the candidates should think twice before selecting the optional subjects.
Preparing with the help of the past five year question papers is very much essential. This is because, generally the same pattern of questions is followed and so it will be easier for the candidates to practice well for the examination.
It is very much essential for the candidates to develop their presentation skills, only with good presentation skills; they will be able to succeed in the IPS examination.
16th September 2012, 12:10 AM
bhargavipooja

Quote:
only geography ,history,civics,are included in ips other subject like commerce are not included for this exam
You can start your IPS preparation from first year of your graduation course.A preparation of 3 to 4 years will be sufficient for going through the exam.You can even go through coaching classes so that you get an idea about Mains and interviews being conducted after the preliminary examination.

Here I am attaching the syllabus hence please go through it.You can refer books of NCERT from 6th to 10th of subjects like Geography and History.Referring these books will be quite useful for the exam.You can even refer the below mentioned books

Tata McGraw Hill's (TMH) GS Manual for prelims:-This book covers all the topics like History, Geography, Polity, Economy, Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Mental Ability, Facts,.etc. It is very useful for finding all information at one place.

You can even follow books like Constitution of India by DD Basu, Manorama Year Book.All these books mentioned above may come in handy for the examination.read newspapers daily so that you get updated about the current events.
7th October 2012, 10:04 PM
Lokeshthetopper

Dear aspirant,
It is a nice question.
I will be happy to help you with the information in this regard.

IAS exam is the toughest exam being conducted by UPSC.

It needs a great level o f preparation.

You should have an eagle on the current affairs along with the GK.
So selection of books and study materials will play a great role in this regard.

The selection of best books will play a great role in deciding your rank.
If you have a good collection of books then your preparation will be better.

At the same time your hard work to finish the syllabus of optional subjects will play a great role in deciding your rank in the mains.

In order to have expert level knowledge of General studies the recommended books are:
General Studies Manual -McGraw Hill Publication
Arihant Publication
Upkar Publication
UPSC Portal books
Pratiyogita Darpan study material , Civil Services Chronicle, Competition wizard for articles on important issues.
Most common optional:
Public administration
1.Fadia and Fadia
2. Laxmikant from McGraw Hill Publication
3.UPSC Portal study material

Believe you can and you will on the half way.
Please do visit this website for your queries related to any entrance exam.
Best of luck
8th October 2012, 10:20 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

To become IPS officer, you have to write Civil service exam conducted by UPSC. To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course from a recognised board and your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

IPS is one of the All India Allied services provided, once you clear this exam. The post highly competitive among aspirants. Designations like DSP, SP , Commissioner are given to passouts after training for IPS. After selection, you will be trained for two in IPS academy in Hyderabad.

The notification of CSE Examination is going to be published soon next year in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

No, offline application form facility is applicable for any candidates in this examination.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains, Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this is objective and there are two papers in this examination. If you cracked this stage, then you are eligible for Mains.

The main examination is Descriptive and you have to choose the optional subjects for Main examination.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, only then you will be able to cracked this examination, If you face any problem then you can join some good coaching classes.

For more details about this examination, please check the official website of UPSC.
30th November 2012, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

i have complete my b.c.a in april 2012...i want to be ips officer ..what can i do.?
i am from small village.
there is no coatching class.
my family is not capable for more expenses...
30th November 2012, 03:20 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: When to start preparation for IPS Exam?

Quote:
$$ A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Descipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities....

$$ Final year students are also applicable....

Age Limit:
  • General category student:- 21-30 years.
  • OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  • SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

Subjects for IPS:

1. Geography
  2. Geology
  3. History
  4. Law
  5. Arabic
  6. Assamese
  7. Bengali
  8. Agriculture
  9. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
  10. Anthropology
  11. Botany
  12. Chemistry
  13. Civil Engineering
  14. Commerce & Accountancy
  15. Economics
  16. Electrical Engineering

You should start preparation for IPS from at least pre Final year of Graduation Courses at least 2hr per day......

Books for IPS Exam:-

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the best

With Regards.......
Dharm
2nd June 2013, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

I am studing by private. May i apply for ips
Please help me?
3rd June 2013, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

When to start preparation for IAS or UPSC Exam?
3rd June 2013, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

When to start preparation for IAS or UPSC Exam?
29th December 2014, 04:23 AM
Unregistered

I m btech 1st year student than what type of preparation is helpful for me and plz tell me which institute is best for its traning .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?