3rd August 2012, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

How to take up IAS exam? Names of the books for CSAT, Kannada, English, General Studies

i want to take IAS exam..so please what are the important authors and books name list for CSAT, KANNADA, ENGLISH, GENERAL STUDIES, and options as PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION and MECHANICAL?

18th September 2013, 11:28 PM
jeevan maroju
Junior Member+

Default Re: How to take up IAS exam? Names of the books for CSAT, Kannada, English, General Studies

Hi friend..

If you want to succeed in ias exam try to do the following :
1.you should read the newspapers daily for current affairs
2.You should refer social books from class 6th to 10th for basic idea about history, geography

Here I am giving you some of the reference books :
1. Indian History - India Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra; NCERT Books ( XI & XII )
2. Geography - Spectrum
3. Indian Polity - Constitution of India by Bakshi
4. Indian Economy - Plus One, Plus Two Books, Pratiyogita Darpan
5. General Science - Tata Mc Graw Hill Guide
6. Mental Ability - Quantitative Apitude by R.S. Aggarwal
7. Current Affairs - Some magazines and Newspapers

i. The Hindu/The Times of India
ii. Frontline
iii. Civil Service Chronicle
iv. Chanakya
v. Competition WIZARD
vi. Civil Services Today

Follow these books and also another books in addition to all these books.. All The Best..
24th August 2014, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to take up IAS exam? Names of the books for CSAT, Kannada, English, General Studies

I am a Kannada medium student pls tell me the books for is in Kannada medium
29th August 2014, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

sir im studyng b.a2nd sir i would like to write ias exam in kannada plz give information about kannada books for upsc mains and essay how can i prepare for csat hou many optional subjects i can take in mains
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?