5th February 2013, 05:39 PM
Unregistered

How to write IAS entrance exam? I am a BSc Maths student

i am a bsc maths student. my percentage is 65. i like to write for ias exam. this percentage is available for ias exam?

2nd March 2013, 04:55 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to write IAS entrance exam? I am a BSc Maths student

No specific percentage in graduation is mentioned for IAS. A valid degree is enough to apply. As you have the required educational qualification, you can apply. But check whether your age is between 21 and 30 years. Detailed information on IAS can be collected from the UPSC web portal.
2nd March 2013, 08:31 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a bsc maths student. my percentage is 65. i like to write for ias exam. this percentage is available for ias exam?
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.A.S exam after passing graduation with any stream.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age limit for I.A.S exam is 21-30 year.
For ST/SC candidate 21-37 year.

IMPORTANT DATE FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAM., 2013
Date Of Notification:-02.02.2013
Last date of submission of form:-04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
Date of exam Prelims:-19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)
Date of Mains exam:- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in
3rd March 2013, 12:26 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Percentage is not a criteria if you want to apply for IAS Examination. In the notifications there is nothing mentioned about percentage so you can apply for it if you are just pass.

Only Graduation is needed if you want to apply for IAS Examination and you have got 65% hence you don't have to worry about anything if your age is according to the limit.

Just apply for IAS Examination when the notifications are announced by UPSC.

The online application willl be available on the UPSC website http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Just make sure that your age is according to following limit:

General Category -21 to 30 years

OBC Category -21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years

The selection will be based on the performance in the following stages of the Civil Services Examination:

-CSAT

-Mains Exam

-Interview

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd March 2013, 03:08 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS(Indian Administrative Service) entrance Exam means IAS, Civil Service Exam conducted every year by UPSC to become an IAS officer.

There no percentage of marks criteria to apply for IAS, Civil Service Exam.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian national having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The selection is through two phases of written exam such as Preliminary Exam called as CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) followed by Civil Service Main exam and the final selection is conducted through Personal Interview out of candidate selected from written exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?