5th March 2018, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

I got failed in Mathematics will I be promoted to class 10th?

In all examination of class 9 in school I have passed with a great score in every subject except Maths. I have failed mathematics in all exams but in the projects of Maths. I got failed in one and only in Maths just because failing in one subject will I not be promoted to class 10th?

14th March 2018, 11:45 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I got failed in Mathematics will I be promoted to class 10th?

In case, if you are failed in Mathematics of Class 9th, then you will have to appear for re-exam of Mathematics.

After passing the re-exam, you will be promoted to Class 10th standard.

Without appearing for re-exam, you cannot get admission to 10th standard.
15th March 2018, 07:26 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You will not be promoted to standard tenth. In order to get promoted to standard, a student must pass in all subjects of standard ninth. This is the general rule.

But some school may allow student to get promoted and save one year of candidate. You can talk to your Principal regarding this matter. There is probability that your school will allow you to get pursue standard 10th.
15th March 2018, 08:22 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can be promoted to 10th standard, if you fail in one subject i.e., Mathematics in your 9th standard and the decision whether to promote you to 10th standard or not depends on your school principal. Some schools doesn't promote to 10th standard even if the candidate has failed in one subject and some other schools promote. So, you have to contact your school principal to know their decision whether you will be or not promoted to 10th standard.
15th March 2018, 08:29 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The examination is not conducted by the board and so it all depends upon the school in which you are pursuing.

In some school candidates are promoted but have to clear the paper within three months of time.

So, please contact your school regarding for detail information. Most probably you are eligible for promotion but need to do hard work to score better in board examination.
15th March 2018, 08:34 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. There is no chance to get promoted to standard tenth when you have not passed in all subjects of standard ninth.

2. As per latest rules of different board, candidates who pass in all subjects of standard 9th can be promoted to 10th standard and become eligible for next year board examination.

You can pass in mathematics subject of ninth standard then take admission in 10th standard.
15th March 2018, 09:34 AM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In all examination of class 9 in school I have passed with a great score in every subject except Maths. I have failed mathematics in all exams but in the projects of Maths. I got failed in one and only in Maths just because failing in one subject will I not be promoted to class 10th?
Well promotion to class 10 depends on the marks that you scored in the rest of the subjects. If your score is 60% and above excluding Mathematics subjects then you will be given a chance to sit for a re-test examination. And if you scored just 50% in all the subjects then you must talk to your teacher or principal about it.
15th March 2018, 11:20 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to inform you but if someone got failed in one subject then they will not be promoted to next standard without clearing backlog.

Same rule is applied on Class 9th students that if anyone got failed in one subject then the student will not be promoted to class 10th. You have to pass all the subjects with at least passing marks to get promoted in class 10th.
15th March 2018, 11:49 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Having failed in the Mathematics paper in your Class 9th you are not eligible for promotion to Class 10th unless you clear your Mathematics paper through compartmental examination which is held in May/June as Mathematics paper at school level examination comes among the core (i.e; main ) subjects and passing is core subjects is compulsory for promotion to next class.
15th March 2018, 01:23 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

It depends on your school. Some school did not permit some students to go further because they had good marks in other subjects. So it all depends on your school management and class teacher.

Some school see the average marks scored in all terms and even if students is failed in average but they have scored good marks in last term of examination they promote those students on the basis of current hardwork he did in last term.
15th March 2018, 01:25 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

It totally depends upon discretion of school authority whether they want to promote you in 10th standard or not. They may ask you to write an examination of mathematics again and secure passing marks in mathematics.

If your school management decides then they can promote you in tenth standard without any doubt.
15th March 2018, 04:10 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you school will conduct re-exam for promotion then only you will be eligible to get promotion in class 10.
You must have to pass in every subject as because it is compulsory to pass in every subject to get promotion in class 10 or any further classes.
15th March 2018, 05:58 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Students who fail in any subject of standard ninth is not promoted to standard tenth for board examination.

Earlier there was no detention policy upto standard eight but it has been removed. Sometimes school administration allow students to reappear for one subject and then get promoted to higher classes.

You can contact head office of your school.
15th March 2018, 07:39 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Students who fail in standard ninth in any subject can not be promoted to standard tenth for board examination.

Only those candidates who secure at least passing marks in all subjects of standard ninth are eligible for promotion to tenth standard. You should clear you failed subject to become eligible for tenth standard.
20th July 2021, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

i am scared that i might not get promoted to jss3
16th February 2023, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am scared that i might not get promoted to jss3

Did you got promoted in class 10 ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?