1st July 2015, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to promote my daughter to 12th if she failed in 9th Maths from KV school?

My daughter failed in Kv school (cbse syllabMy daughter failed in Kv school (cbse syllabus )9th maths can she be promoted to 10th . she is very depressed and weeping. This is the first time she had failed. But school authorities says to reappear for test in maths after 20 days if again she fails another chance to appear in next month if she fails she has to study in 9 th std not 10th
Pl help me what to do as per government and school norms

1st July 2015, 10:30 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to promote my daughter to 12th if she failed in 9th Maths from KV school?

No, it is not possible to promote your daughter to promote to 10th class after failing 9th class. Make sure she passed the reappearing exam of Mathematics. Make sure she passed Mathematics exam this time.

As per school norms your daughter have to pass 9th Mathematics to get admission in 10th class.
1st July 2015, 10:52 AM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to promote my daughter to 12th if she failed in 9th Maths from KV school?

If your daughter failed in Mathematics subject in 9th standard, then she will not be promoted to 10th standard until she clears her Mathematics subject. So, the only way to promote her to 10 standard is to make her to clear her Mathematics subject. So, I suggest you to join your daughter in a good coaching center, so, that she can learn mathematics and she can clear her Mathematics subject in the next attempt.
1st July 2015, 02:08 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Your daughter is eligible to promote to 10th standard only if she qualify the Mathematics subject by appearing in Supplementary examination else she has to study 9th standard once again and it also depends upon the school management. Some schools promote to higher standards even if the candidates fails in two to three subjects whereas some schools does not promote to higher standard. So, I suggest your daughter to prepare well for Mathematics supplementary examination and try to qualify at least this time, so, that she can pursue her 10th standard without any problem.
1st July 2015, 03:39 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Don't worry why are you thinking negative. If she work hard then she will definitely succeed. Depression and weeping is not a solution for this problem. Motivate her to achieve success. If she practice with full concentration then i am sure she will definitely cover her all syllabus. 9th standard mathematics is not so tough she just require some more practice. Provide every possible source to her like tuition's, Guide books etc.

If you are still thinking about to promote your daughter then you may consult to school authority for this. You can also use political approach for that.
1st July 2015, 04:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Maths is a compulsory subject to pass to get admission in 10th and your daughter have to pass the exam. There is no other way and she has to be prepared for the exam then only admission will be allowed in 10th standard.

She is fortunate to get those chances to clear the exam as many are declared failed by the school without even giving any chances. Hence, she should use this time to gather courage and appear in the exam with better preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?