2nd February 2011, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

I studied in Banglore from class7th to 12th, am I eligible for Karnataka CET?

Hi,
My daughter studied montessori and 1st class in Bangalore. Then she did her 2nd to 6th class in Hyderabad, from 7th to 12th again in Bangalore. And we both parents did our full education in Bangalore. Will my daughter be eligible to appear in Karnataka CET or will she be non karnataka. Please let me know .

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to write Karnataka, CET? I studied up to 10th Standard,outside India (CBSE) and I am studying in 12th from Karnataka. My parents belong to Karnataka
  2. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET entrance exam? I have not studied in Karnataka but my mother has residential of Karnataka
  3. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I am pursuing 12th from Kerala? My father was born in Karnataka and studied in Karnataka
  4. Am I eligible for karnataka CET examination? I have done my 12th from karnataka and my parents belong to karnataka
  5. Eligibility for other state students to attend the CET exam of Karnataka?
  6. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I was born in Karnataka but I have done my schooling(up to 12th) from AP. My mother has done her education up to college from Karnataka
  7. Am I eligible for KCET exam if I studied upto 10th in Karnataka? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible to appear in Karnataka-CET being a domicile of Goa?
  9. Am I eligible for CET exam in Karnataka? I've studied 10th std in Assam and studied only 1st and 2nd PU in Karnataka
  10. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET(Medical) exam? I've done my 10th from karnataka and want to do my 12th from outside karnataka
  11. Eligibility to pursue Karnataka CET for a student of Haryana?
  12. Will I be eligible for CET in Karnataka under government quota?
  13. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET exam? I have done my 10th from M.P and 12th from Karnataka
  14. Is a candidate who studied up to 6th std in Karnataka and currently studying 9th std in Madhya Pradesh, eligible to take Karnataka CET? Will he get his domicile of Karnataka?
  15. Am I eligible to write Maharashtra CET? I was born in Maharashtra but studied outside Maharashtra up to 12th standard
  16. Am i eligible to apply for Karnataka CET if my mother studied for 15 years in Karnataka?
  17. What's the CET eligibility criteria for a non Karnataka candidate who have completed 10th std(ICSE) in AP?
  18. Good colleges in tamilnadu for doing MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
2nd February 2011, 10:17 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: I studied in Banglore from class7th to 12th, am I eligible for Karnataka CET?

No, Your Daughter Is Not Eligible to Appear In The Karnataka CET 2011. Because To Appear In Karnataka CET You Have To Studied and Passed in one or more Government or Government recognised educational institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of 7 Year.

So, You Are Not Fullfill The Eligiblty Creteria, Then Sorry Your Daughter Wil Not Be Eligible to Appear In Karnataka CET 2011 Exams. So, If You Want To Get Any Information Regarding This Exams, Then please Visit The Official Websites -

kea.kar.nic.in
2nd February 2011, 10:45 PM
talibsubhan2008

Default Re: I studied in Banglore from class7th to 12th, am I eligible for Karnataka CET?

sir if ur recident of blore then ur sister is elegiable kor karnatka CET and if is it so than go for it sir as there is some % reserved for the karnatak resedent so its better opportunity for her.........
2nd February 2011, 10:45 PM
Kavishjaggi

yes she will be elligible if u get a permanent citizen certificate from local governing bodies.
2nd February 2011, 11:49 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Smile Re: I studied in Banglore from class7th to 12th, am I eligible for Karnataka CET?

Hi

As per the rules your daughter is eligible for the exam.Since your daughter has studied the 10th and 12th from Karnataka consecutively, thats why she is eligible for this exam.
The candidates who satisfy any of the clause given below then they are eligible for the Karnataka CET exam.

Eligibility Condition:

1.The candidate has studied consecutively seven years from the Govt. school are eligible for this exam.
Documents to be produced:
10th standard Marks sheet,
12th standard Marks sheet,
Candidate’s Study Certificate,
If candidate have Rural quota then they has to produce Rural Study Certificate,

2.If the candidate has studied consecutively form 10th to 12th or their parents has studied here for seven years then they are eligible.
Certificate of either the parents has studied here or the student.

3.If candidate or his / her parent’s mother tongue is Kannada, Tulu or Kodava and either of parent’s was domiciled in the state of Karnataka, then they are eligible for this exam.And the candidate has to undergo a Kannada Language test conducted by KEA.
Residence certificate.

4.If the candidate is the son/daughter of defence person then they are eligible to appear for this exam.
Deceleration certificate that the candidate is the ward of person be defence authority.

GOOD LUCK
3rd February 2011, 12:10 AM
khan2003

dear friend following is the criteria to appear in Karnataka CET.

1) One should have study for a period of seven years.

2) Institution must be government recognized.

so dear your daughter is not fulfilling the criteria for admission and can't get admission.

best of luck
3rd February 2011, 12:11 AM
khan2003

dear friend following is the criteria to appear in Karnataka CET.

1) One should have study for a period of seven years.

2) Institution must be government recognized.

so dear your daughter is not fulfilling the criteria for admission and can't get admission.

best of luck
3rd February 2011, 01:36 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
My daughter studied montessori and 1st class in Bangalore. Then she did her 2nd to 6th class in Hyderabad, from 7th to 12th again in Bangalore. And we both parents did our full education in Bangalore. Will my daughter be eligible to appear in Karnataka CET or will she be non karnataka. Please let me know .
Hello Sir,

The eligibility criteria for this exam is that a student should atleast study 7 years in Karnataka from class 1 to 12. Since your daughter studied 7 years in karnataka, she is eligible to write the Karnataka CET exam.
Also she appeared both 10 and 10+2 in Karnataka.
So, she is eligible.

All the best.
Thank you
3rd February 2011, 02:47 AM
SupritShestha

Am sorry to say sir that your daughter is no eligible to write the Karnataka CET exam as she does not fulfill the required criteria...
anyways don't loose hope..there is other national level exams like IITJEE and AIEEE where she is eligible...
i wish her luck......
3rd February 2011, 01:43 PM
xavi

sir,
--sorry,Your Daughter Is Not Eligible to Appear In The Karnataka CET 2011
--To Appear In Karnataka CET You Have To Studied and Passed in one or more Government recognised educational institutions located in the State of Karnataka for a minimum period of 7 Year.

good luck
3rd February 2011, 09:04 PM
richie john

As you have studied in karnataka from 7th to 12th
you are eligible for CET examinatiion but for that you have to prepare
in very tough way so that you could sought it out
29th March 2011, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

hello,
my daughter has studied till 8th std[completed] in karnataka, and from 9th to 12th in indore[M.P],is she considered in a local or non local category of cet karnataka? either of parents has done full education in karnataka{father}.
29th April 2012, 02:03 PM
jyotsana d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello,
my daughter has studied till 8th std[completed] in karnataka, and from 9th to 12th in indore[M.P],is she considered in a local or non local category of cet karnataka? either of parents has done full education in karnataka{father}.
Dear friend,

Yes your daughter is eligible for KCET as she has done her 7 years of studies in Karnataka but make sure that her schooling is done from government school.

Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?