18th May 2011, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

Is it important to have Psychology in 12th standard to take up Psychology(Hons) in Graduation?

Is it important to have psychology in class 12th for taking up psychology(hons) in graduation???

19th May 2011, 01:33 PM
united india

Default Re: Is it important to have Psychology in 12th standard to take up Psychology(Hons) in Graduation?

Psychology is the study of human behaviour.

The eligibility criteria for pursuing Psychology at graduate level is a combination of subjects Physics, chemistry and biology in 12th standard.

So, you need no to worry, it is not important to have psychology in 12th.
19th May 2011, 06:20 PM
vkvimal192

Default Re: Is it important to have Psychology in 12th standard to take up Psychology(Hons) in Graduation?

no it is not neccessary
15th June 2011, 12:44 AM
sourindra

You can take admission in Psychology(hons) without having Psychology as a subject in your 10+2.
20th June 2011, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

do we get direct admission for graduation in psychology after 10 2?whats the procedure and which institution can we opt or should I say which would be the better one?
23rd June 2011, 09:23 PM
Unregistered

i am from science feild(non-medical).can i take admission in psychology hons.?what are the main subjects required 4 take admission in it?
11th November 2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

I am from sciece feild(medical). can i get admission in psychology institutes??
what to do if possible?? plz guide me..
22nd December 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

i am a non medical student in my 12th standard.can i take admission in psychology honors in bachelor degree
24th January 2012, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

can we do psychology honours or philosophy honours without having them as a subject in 12th class?
29th March 2012, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

i m a humanities student and dont have psychology in 12th...... can i take psychology honours after 12th?????
7th April 2012, 11:08 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Is it important to have Psychology in 12th standard to take up Psychology(Hons) in Graduation?

Hi

Psychology is a subject which studies the human nature, physical as well as mental status of the human and other living beings.

Now Psychology is an arts stream subject. So if you have taken up Arts stream in your 10+2, then you must have had the choice of taking the Psychology.

Otherwise even if you have not even taken up Psychology in your 12th, then also you can study Psychology honors.

It is because, even if you have studied Commerce or Science streams, Psychology honors is always open for you.

Some colleges insist that you must have studied Biology, but it is not a very strong criteria.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
12th December 2012, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

which are easy 12th arts subjects to be taken to pass 12th easily?.i had taken language 3 subjects and sociology now plz help me is geography,histroy or cooperation easy subjects?
2nd April 2013, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

can a student who has not taken psycology in 11th take psycology in 12th ?????
11th April 2013, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

What are the subjects and marks required at 12 grade to take up psychology?
11th April 2013, 10:42 PM
k chanchal
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am from science feild(non-medical).can i take admission in psychology hons.?what are the main subjects required 4 take admission in it?
[COLOR="Red"]Hello Aspirant,[/COLOR]

Psychology is a subeject of very interest.The initial qualification required to take admission in graduation with psychology Honours is Inter with psychology with 60 % marks.

So if you have not studied psychology subjects in Plus two,you are not eligible for your desired admission.

Thanks.
8th June 2013, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

i have taken up comp sci as my subject in class 11th and 12th. still can i take up psychology after my 12th??
6th April 2014, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

i am a pcb student , i did not have psychology as a subject in 12th class can i still do bsc in psychology
6th April 2014, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Am a non medical student. I have Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English and Computer Sciences. What if i want to enroll for psychology honors ? Am I eligible ?
6th April 2014, 10:12 PM
Kavu007

Am a non medical student. I have Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English and Computer Sciences. What if I want to enroll for psychology honors ? Am i eligible ?
10th April 2014, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Am a non medical student. I have Physics, Chemistry, Maths, English and Computer Sciences. What if I want to enroll for psychology honors ? Am i eligible ?
7th May 2014, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

Is it important to have science stream in 10 2 if I want to go for Counseling Psychology?
7th May 2014, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to be a Science student if I want to go for Counseling Psychology?
17th May 2014, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

I am a humanities student and my school dont have a subject of psychology bu!t I want to be a psychologist, what should I do?
4th June 2014, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

i ws having comerce without maths can i do b.a hons in psychology from du please answer pls sir....
16th October 2014, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I am an ISC arts student. My school does not provide psycology subject,
so i could not take psycology as my subjalsect in class 11 & 12
. But I want to be a psycologist but How ! please suggest ?? also
suggest the colleges where i can study for this?? kindly reply thank you :)
13th June 2015, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

I am humamties stream and I have no psychology subject in 12 am eligible for psychology study
18th June 2015, 10:31 PM
ayisha zeharin

Smile Re: Is it important to have Psychology in 12th standard to take up Psychology(Hons) in Graduation?

Iam a humanties student and i have sociology subject in+2 so can i do psycology dor y proffeshion where is tha psycology colleages in kozhikode
2nd October 2015, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

My daughter wants to do B.Sc in psychology can you suggest some colleges in Mumbai and Bangalore
25th December 2015, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

I'm a computer science student. Can I go for clinical psychology? I'm having physics, chemistry, computer science, math and English.
13th March 2016, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

I am humanities student can i do psychology without having psychology in 11th and 12th
15th April 2016, 02:27 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have computer science in 12 to take computer science(honurs) in gradutation under calcutta university?
30th April 2016, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of ISC Humanities in the 12th standard and i wish to do graduation with honours in psychology but my school does not offer psychology as one of the subjects. Which are the best colleges in the country offering the course and what are the cut off marks.
16th May 2017, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

I have given my 12 boards and in few weeks the result is going to come I want to ask my pals to guide me and tell me that I am a student of humanities and I have subjects history, geography, English, economic, physical education and I am thinking to study psychology after 12 nut I have not studied the subject in class 12 so can I do physiology and how much of percentage will be deducted to take it. And also tell me other option for doing good courses after 12. Please help me
30th May 2019, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Which colleges provide psychology honours without having the subject in 12th standard??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?