18th March 2015, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Indian Forest Services exam 2015 eligibility criteria

Someone do tell me that can i apply for ifs(forest) 2015 exam while i am BA pass student with just 45% marks?

18th March 2015, 12:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Indian Forest Services exam 2015 eligibility criteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Someone do tell me that can i apply for ifs(forest) 2015 exam while i am BA pass student with just 45% marks?
No, you are not eligible for Indian Forest Services exam 2015.

Eligibility for Indian Forest Services exam 2015:-

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam,

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
18th March 2015, 03:51 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Indian Forest Services exam 2015 eligibility criteria

IFS i.e. Indian Foreign Service exam is being conducted by UPSC every year. Let us discuss little bit about Eligibility criteria to solve your query. If you have further queries, please free to reply back to the post.

Eligibility::
  • Age must be in between 21 to 30 years of age.
  • Upper age limit has been relaxed for reserved categories. For GE category its same. For OBC its 33 and For SCs/STs its 35.
Nationality:: Candidate should be
  • A citizen of India, or
  • A subject of Nepal, or
  • A subject of Bhutan, or
  • A Tibetan refugee mentioned in the nationality conditions in upsc government site.

Educational Qualification:
  • Bachelor’s degree with atleast one of the subjects out of i.e. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology should be main.
  • Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Engineering or Forestry are also eligible to write the exam. Candidates have to be passed from recognized body mentioned in the act of Parliament or under section 3 of UGC act.

Quote:
Talking about your query, you are definitely eligible for writing the IFS Forest examination as there's is no minimum marks mentioned in the educational qualification eligibility criteria.

Attempts::
  • 6 attempts for General candidates
  • 9 attempts for OBCs, SCs and STs.

Physical Standards::
  • Candidates must be physically fit in accordance with the fitness mentioned in the physical standards of IFS or Civil services there in UPSC site.
18th March 2015, 08:49 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
You are eligible for UPSC IFS Examination 2015 only if you successfully passed in your Graduation examination. There is no percentage criteria is mentioned by UPSC to apply for UPSC Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination.

Important: If you have completed your graduation at least one of the subjects only then you can apply for this exam.

You must have at least one subject in your graduation, namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering.

If you fulfill the above mentioned eligibility, then you can register for this exam. It means if you have done your BA any one of the above subjects, then only you are eligible.

The examination is conducted by UPSC through UPSC Civil services Preliminary examination.

You must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years to apply for IFS Examination.

The number of attempts in this examination is 6.

The Examination consists of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each. Both the question papers will be of the objective type. Those who qualify the preliminary examination are eligible for Mains.

To get complete details of this exam, then please wait for the official notification. Keep touch with the official website of UPSC.

The Important dates of IFS Examination are:

>> Date of Notification: 16 May, 2015
>> Last Date to Apply: 12 June, 2015
>> Date of Exam (Prelims): 23 August, 2015 (CSAT)
>> IFS Main Exam: 21 November, 2015
10th February 2018, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

I am a graduate in BAM in arts economic honours with statistics subject. Am I eligible for Indian forest service exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?