24th February 2011, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Eligiblity criteria for IFS examination after four year B.Sc.(H) course in Biotechnology?

hi... dis is shruti from delhi. i m doing b.sc (h) in biotecnology . i m in my final year that is 8th semester. i want to know that m i eligible for indian forest services examinations 2011. my course period was 4 year . so please let me know wheather i m eligible for the all india civil services i.e indian forest services.thanks.

24th February 2011, 11:01 PM
omprakash sharma

Default Re: Eligiblity criteria for IFS examination after four year B.Sc.(H) course in Biotechnology?

hi,

Qualifications: A graduate’s degree with one of the disciplines namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a graduate’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering

Age Limit: 21-30 years

Application Forms for UPSC – IFS 2011:
Application forms 2011 will be available at designated Post Offices.

Selection Procedure 2011:
Selection based on Written Test Personal Interview

Key Dates (Tentative):
Last Date for Receipt of Applications: Mid of March, 2011

Please note that the dates are only tentative and are not final. The post will be updated as soon as the dates are officially released.

How to Apply:
Application form duly filled accompanied through self-attested Xerox copies of the relevant certificates/ testimonials, along with a crossed DD of Suggested fee send to following address:

Note:
For Updated and Detailed Information Visit UPSC official website and contact to office.

Contact Details
Secretary,
Union Public Service Commission,
Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road,
New Delhi-110069
24th February 2011, 11:35 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Eligiblity criteria for IFS examination after four year B.Sc.(H) course in Biotechnology?

IFS (Indian Forest Service)

Eligibility Criteria: Entry into the Indian Forest Service is open to candidates between the ages of 21 and 30 years, as on 1st July of the year of the examination, with a Bachelor's degree in Science with at least one of the following Subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Statistics, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry; or Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any stream) / Forestry/ Agriculture; or MBBS

regards
25th February 2011, 02:12 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Shruti,
The minimum educational qualification for IFS exam is a bachelors degree with at least one of the following subjects
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Geology
Mathematics
Physics
Statistics
Zoology

The minimum eligible age for the same is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years. (35 years for SC/ST and 33 years for OBC)
For further information, please visit the official website of UPSC.
25th February 2011, 02:49 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Eligiblity criteria for IFS examination after four year B.Sc.(H) course in Biotechnology?

**Eligibility Condition For IFS In Brief**
Quote:
hi... dis is shruti from delhi. i m doing b.sc (h) in biotecnology . i m in my final year that is 8th semester. i want to know that m i eligible for indian forest services examinations 2011. my course period was 4 year . so please let me know wheather i m eligible for the all india civil services i.e indian forest services.thanks.
IFS i.e Indian Forest Services

I) Educational Qualifications :

You need to have any Bachelor's Degree with at-lest any of the following subjects in your Degree level (Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology )
Or
a Bachelor's degree in Forestry or in Engineering or Agriculture or any Equivalent Exam.

You are Eligible because as You had Mathematics and Physics on very Ist semester of your Biotechnology course.Don't Worry You can Give this Exam.

II) Age limits :

Minimum:-21 years
Maximum:-30 years as on 1.7.2011

your Age must be in between 21 to 30 years of Age, i think you must be having in between them. So from age point of view Again you are Eligible.

III)
No. of permissible attempts :

4 for General Candidates
7 for OBC Candidates
Any time for SC/ST Candidates

You are Eligible Girl cheers !!!!!
25th February 2011, 02:52 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

hi,

You are Eligible

I) Educational Qualifications :

You need to have any Bachelor's Degree with at-lest any of the following subjects in your Degree level (Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology )
Or
a Bachelor's degree in Forestry or in Engineering or Agriculture or any Equivalent Exam.

II) Age limits :

Minimum:-21 years
Maximum:-30 years as on 1.7.2011

your Age must be in between 21 to 30 years of Age, i think you must be having in between them. So from age point of view Again you are Eligible.

III) No. of permissible attempts :

4 for General Candidates
7 for OBC Candidates
Any time for SC/ST Candidates
25th February 2011, 03:06 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

[SIZE=3]IFS (Indian Forest Service)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Eligibility Criteria:
  • AGE: 21 and 30 years, as on 1st July of the year of the examination.
  • EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:Bachelor's degree in Science with at least one of the following Subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Geology, Statistics, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry; or Bachelor's degree in Engineering (any stream) / Forestry/ Agriculture; or MBBS.
Yes dear you are eligible for the exam.
Regards
Kapila

[/SIZE]
25th February 2011, 06:26 PM
wagle
Senior Member+

hello my dear,
Eligibility Conditions

Nationality
Age Limits
Minimum Educational Qualifications
Number of attempts

Nationality
A candidate must be either :- A citizen of India

Age Limits :-21 years and must not have attained
the age of 30 years on 1st July, 2004Minimum Educational Qualifications
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's.

Number of attempts :- 4 times

good luck
25th February 2011, 06:39 PM
mishra245

Minimum Educational Qualifications for IFS exam: The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least one of the subjects as mentioned under optional subjects in IFS Exam pattern article.
Zoology
Statistics
Physics
Mechanical Engineering
Mathematics
Geology
Forestry
Civil Engineering - Paper II
Chemistry
Chemical Engineering
Botany
Animal Husbandry
Civil Engineering - Paper I
Agricultural Engineering
Agriculture

A scientist with at least a Master's or equivalent degree/research experience
Under 40 years of age and at the beginning of research career
25th February 2011, 07:57 PM
xavi

hi
--Age Eligibility:

You need to be between 21 years to 30 years

--Academic Eligibility:

You must be a graduate in Engineering from a recognized university.
28th July 2011, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

hi, this is sanoj.i have done my engineering with electronics and communication.so am i eligible for ifs exam?
13th September 2011, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

hello i m vineet
i m in final year ( computer science engg.)
m i eligible for indian forest service examination??
plz ans...
13th September 2011, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

hey
i m vineet
i m in final year (computer science engg)
m i eligible for indian forest services
14th December 2011, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

HI!! iam shrishti iam in my final semester that is 8th semester of b.tech(biotechnology) from amity university lucknow.my dob is 17/6/1991 i want to know whether iam eligble for appearing in IFS exam 2012?
13th February 2012, 10:34 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI,
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.F.S exam after passing graduation with Biotechnology..

The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects:-

Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry, Agriculture Engineering, Forestry Engineering.

If you want you can apply for outer exam like:-
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> Central Police Force

GOOD LUCK!
15th July 2012, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

hi... i am jayanthi i m doing b.sc(home science) in tamil nanu agricultural univercity .my course period was 4 year.i want to know i m eligible for indian forest services examinations or not .plz tell me sir
7th February 2014, 03:35 AM
Unregistered

Hi ....... This is akshay . I m 12th passed sir .. I want to know i m eligibal for any type of forest services?? please sir tell me
28th March 2015, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

I am studying in B.Sc.(hons) with Biotechnology.I want to know about I am eligible for appearing I.F.S. exam conducted by U.P.S.C. ? [From- PRACHI Uttarakhand]
28th March 2015, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

I am studying in B.Sc.(hons) with Biotechnology.I want to know about I am eligible for appearing I.F.S. exam conducted by U.P.S.C. ? [From- PRACHI Uttarakhand]
28th March 2015, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?