24th August 2011, 09:48 PM
Ganesh Rajgure

Information about IAS Civil Engineering Examination?

Helo sir I am last year B.Tech civil engg student so plz tell me IAS civil engg examination

16th September 2011, 01:20 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Information about IAS Civil Engineering Examination?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh Rajgure View Post
Helo sir I am last year B.Tech civil engg student so plz tell me IAS civil engg examination
Hello Ganesh
If you want to become IAS officer by heart its a very good decision in deed.
I appreciate it.!

and will to provide you the necessary path for the same.

if you think that doing civil engineering is not that fetching to crack this IAS examination then you are in wrong notion. definitely every graduate with little more efforts can easily crack this examination.

let me tell you the general requirements by the UPSC authorities by the candidate.

all they need is a graduation degree and a mentally matured 21 years brain. that means your age should be 21 years.

Nationality should be for sure Indian.for IAS post.

as everybody say IAS entrance is the toughest I never say that it is toughest . rather than saying it as toughest . I say this exam will only allow top intellectual to pass.

if you are a good thinker then you will definitely be able to crack this examination. why I have said thinker means while preparation thinking is also a main thing which many of us will not do. If we think and prepare for what we are preparing with concentration then definitely every exam will be like sipping a soft drink.

The attitude to crack the exam will also play a major role. Everybody who attempts for this exam can't crack this exam. Cracking this exam in his first attempt will be the one who has great attitude and determination to help the poor and needy.

Coming to your civil engineering branch as it has one of the subject in optional subject you will be easy to score good marks in Mains.
till that extent only your Civil engineering background will help you.

clearing CS Prelims i.e., Aptitude test is the important thing for this thorough preparation of Aptitude and various syllabus topics is most important. Don't play while preparing .. Worship your preparation and do preparation.

then all the three levels the CSAT ,Mains and also interview will be very easy for you..

Now I suggest you to wait till you complete till graduation mean while preparing lightly for the Civil examination will be helped in your preparation like reading news paper making notes of current affairs etc.,

All the best for your preparation and your desire.

Regards

~AdityA~
16th September 2011, 01:35 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104
Default Re: Information about IAS Civil Engineering Examination?

Dear

Well, if u want to be an IAS den u hv to prepare it, with any private competitive center. Keep update with current affairs, news, magazines etc. Pls refer web for any sample question papers.

Regards,
16th September 2011, 01:38 PM
bhabanisankardas

Location: Jaypurkilla(Near Pipili College), Pipili, Puri, Orissa, India 752104
Smile Re: Information about IAS Civil Engineering Examination?

Dear

Well, if u want to be an IAS den u hv to prepare it, with any private competitive center. Keep update with current affairs, news, magazines etc. Pls refer web for any sample question papers.

Regards,
16th September 2011, 01:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

You are now in B-TECH final year student so you are not eligible for IAS exam.But after completion of your graduation you have chances to apply for IAS exam.

This exam is too tough so can prepare well.because every some of the persons are selected for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candiadte it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

thanks
16th September 2011, 02:32 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Ganesh,
First of all I would like to correct that it's the civil service examination and not civil engineering exam, which is conducted for recruitment in Indian Administrative Service.
No matter which stream you belong to, if you have completed your bachelors degree program, you are eligible for the civil service exam. The examination comprise of two written examination and an interview.
The minimum eligible age is 21 years.
The maximum age limit is 30 years.

For complete information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
16th September 2011, 03:20 PM
poonamchauhan45

hello ganesh

The Main examination comprises of nine papers, all of them of a descriptive type conducted within a span of 20 days.

It is designed to test not only the academic talent of the aspirant but also his ability to coordinate and present his knowledge in a clear and cogent manner. About 12,000 peoples were qualified for the Main Examination in 2010.
concentrate on following subjects..Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials and Structural Analysis.Construction Technology, Equipment, Planning and Management.
Civil engineering is a vast field within engineering. It incorporates fields as diverse and contradictory as urban engineering and environment engineering.
thank you.
16th September 2011, 03:41 PM
Deepthi Thomas

Great to think of you.
The educational qualification for IAS is any bachlors degree.Also the candidate should be an Indian Citizen.Age should be above 21 .You should have general awareness as well as subject knowledge for getting IAS.Better you select civil engineering as your subject for main.
16th September 2011, 04:26 PM
Aninkanti

IAS stands for 'Indian Civil Service' is conducted by upsc .

For IAS your minimum educational qualification have need Graduation.
And your minimum age requirred 21 years and maximum upto 30 years.

As you are from 'Civil Engineering' branch so, you are eligiablr for IAS and it is the best optional sub in IAS.

The notification will be published in the month of Octobar - Novembar and the examination will be held in the month of February.

The notification will be published in the Employment news paper or you mar fill-up from in Online.And The from will be found in every Post-Office.

For more and other information you may cheeck the UPSC official website:-www.upsc.gov.in

Best of luck!
16th September 2011, 10:50 PM

hey sir for god say please just say me that how much is the fees of 1st semester of B Tech of civil engineering? i will be very thank full of u.
17th September 2011, 12:04 AM
sg1991

I think you mean to say IES exam in civil engineering. IAS and IES are different.
IES is Indian Engineering Services. IAS is Indian Administrative Services.
Both these exams are conducted by UPSC.
28th December 2011, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an ies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?