13th October 2015, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Need detailed information about appearing in IAS exam after Graduation?

Sir, i am doing mech engg in last year. I want detail information regarding appearing in the IAS exam after completing my qualification?

13th October 2015, 11:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Need detailed information about appearing in IAS exam after Graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am doing mech engg in last year. I want detail information regarding appearing in the IAS exam after completing my qualification?
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
13th October 2015, 11:32 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Need detailed information about appearing in IAS exam after Graduation?

***IAS Indian Administrative Service is one of special services run under Indian Government. IAS is a competitive exam i.e. CSE (Civil Service Examination) held every year under the supervision of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

**Eligibility for IAS Exam===>

- Must have Graduation in any stream from a recognized university in India
- Applicants appearing for their final year degree exam are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have passed final year of MBBS exam but are yet to complete internship can apply for the prelim exam.
- Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government of India as equivalent to professional and technical degree are eligible to apply.
- You should be an Indian nationality
-The age limits should falls under 21 to 30 years
- You should be physically and medically capable..
14th October 2015, 12:23 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Qualification required for appearing in Civil Services examination:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream from any recognized university of India. You can apply for the exam after finishing bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering.

2. The age limit for the candidates of general category is 21-32 years and upper age relaxation of three years and five years to OBC and SC/ST candidates respectively.

You can apply for the 2016 Civil Services exam after 23rd April, 2016 at the official website www.upsconline.nic.in.
14th October 2015, 01:11 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services and to become an IAS officer you have to qualify in the civil services examination.

Civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. Since you are in the B.tech last year you can appear for the examination in the 2016 if your age is between the 21-32 years and relaxation for the reserved category.

The application form for the examination will be available from the last week of April and the examination is conducted in the first week of August for the preliminary stage.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
14th October 2015, 01:27 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To tell about IAS exam it stands for Indian Administrative Service and this is a Indian Civil service exam conducted by UPSC and is held every year. To apply for this exam there are eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied and they are:
  1. Nationality
  2. Age limit
  3. Educational qualification

# The nationality standard states that candidate should have a citizenship in India

# Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category candidates and there are relaxation for other category candidates such as 21-35 years for SC/ST and for OBC it is 21-33 years

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree from a recognized university in any stream.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IAS exam. The candidates are selected through 3 stages:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Interview

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th October 2015, 02:01 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes being the last year mechanical year students you are eligible to appear for the IAS examination. But there is no separate examination for the recruitment as an IAS.

For the recruitment on the above post the candidate have to qualify in the civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC. The examination is among the toughest examination and requires hard work to qualify

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years.

There is no limitations on the aggregate and discipline of the graduation to appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in the three stages as the Preliminary, Mains and the Interview. For more information about the examination you can visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?