26th September 2015, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects would be right to take in graduation if I want to become an IAS officer in future?

Hey!
Myself Priyanshu Singh. I am a student of Humanities 11th standard. I have taken subjects - Maths , English, Psychology, Political science, Economics and Fine arts in 1.
Among these in which subject shall i do my graduation? My ultimate goal is to be an IAS officer.

26th September 2015, 11:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects would be right to take in graduation if I want to become an IAS officer in future?

You can pursue Graduation in any course after completion of your 12th standard if you are interested to become an IAS officer. To become an IAS officer, you must have to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Candidates who have completed Graduation in any stream from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IAS examination. So, I suggest you to opt for your interested stream in Graduation course.
27th September 2015, 12:55 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects would be right to take in graduation if I want to become an IAS officer in future?

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Service and the examination for the recruitment on the above post is conducted by the UPSC every year as the civil services examination.

The required qualification to appear for the examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from any recognised university and the age between the 21-32 years. So you are eligible to select the any interest for the graduation according to your choice interest.

But you need to qualify in all the three stages of the examination for the final selection or recruitment in the examination. So select the graduation discipline and optional paper for the examination very carefully. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
27th September 2015, 01:09 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If your final goal is to become Indian Administrative Services Officer, then you must select Political science or Economics as the subject of specialization in bachelor's degree as it help you to score in general studies as well as in optional paper.

In civil services examinations, there are four GS papers and two papers from optional papers from same subject selected as optional papers and it plays a decisive role in overall rank. So select that subject in which you have interest in bachelor's degree so that you can appear for mains from that subject.
27th September 2015, 03:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become IAS officer then according to your subjects in 11th , you should go for graduation in Arts.
Actually graduation in any subjects makes eligible for this exams.
Moreover choose that subject as your major subject in which you are strong and is easy to cope up in exams.
27th September 2015, 10:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

First of all try to find in which subject you have more interest in 10+2. For example if you have keen interest in Political science then choose this subject in bachelor's degree and choose this subject as an optional subject in mains exam for the Civil Services exam, this is the golden rule for scoring good marks.

The selection of subject should be totally done upon one 's own interest instead of others suggestion. So among the given subject after completing 10+2 decide the subject in which you have more enjoyment in study and select that one.
30th September 2015, 02:43 PM
vinoth1921

-->It is good to see people aiming for IAS during their High School.
-->You can do anything of your interests, But you need to any graduation from a recognized university
-->After your High school, you better go for B.A. History which helps you learn much than any professional course like Engineering.
-->A degree whih you choose must not screw you since preparation for IAS should be parallelly done along with your graduation.
-->UPSC conducts many exams like Civil Service(IAS/ IPS/ IFS etc.) for Civil service aspirants.
-->IES is the one of the exam conducted by UPSC every year for the post of Engineers for the superior posts.
-->CDS is conducted twice in a year for the posts like Executive, Engineers etc. which helps you to get into Defense services.

Eligibility for UPSC Service
-Citizen of India
-Should be a Graduate with Minimum 65%.(Relaxation is there for reserve candidates)
-Age Limit - 21-30 yrs
-Some post require Physical qualifications.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?