31st October 2011, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of B.Tech with Mechanical stream?

I am sandeep dhaka from ghaziabad.
I am a student of b.tech final year,my branch is mechanical.
sir i want to know the oppurtunities for me in the government sector.sir please give me the details of jobs in defence and jobs through ssc.

Related Questions:
  1. What are the various job options available in government sector after completion of B.Tech course? -- [New]
  2. Are there any job opportunities in government, private or software sector after completing B.Tech in Mechanical Stream with 55%
  3. Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of M.Com course?
  4. Job opportunities in Government sector for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) female student?
  5. What are the job options in government sector after completion of B.Tech course?
  6. What are the job opportunities available for me in private and government sector after completion of BCA course?
  7. Job opportunities in Government sector after the completion of Engineering in CS? Is it possible to earn more in Private sector than in Government sector?
  8. Job Opportunities in Government sector for the candidates of EEE stream?
  9. What are the job opportunities available for Mechanical Engineering in Government Sector?
  10. Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
  11. Job opportunities in Government sector for a Diploma Mechanical Engineer with 4 years of experience?
  12. Job opportunities in Government Sector for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  13. Government Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Computer Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I do diploma in mechanical engineering after completion of commerce course in Higher secondary?
  15. What are the job opportunities available for a fashion designer in both private and government sector?
  16. What are the job opportunities available in government sector for diploma(Mechanical) holder from KSOU?
  17. What are the opportunities available in government sector after passing B.Tech Civil?
  18. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
31st October 2011, 02:08 PM
abhin91
Member+

Default Re: Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of B.Tech with Mechanical stream?

You can write the various entrance exams conducted by different PSUs like:
BHEL
NTPC
IOCL
ONGC
POWER GRID

There is written test followed by interviews and GDs.
YOu can also write the GATE exam. These companies also select on the basis of your GATE score.
31st October 2011, 11:08 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Job Opportunities in Government sector after completion of B.Tech with Mechanical stream?

dear friend,
After completion of B.tech in mechanical stream you can go for govt. jobs like-

1.ISRO
2.DRDO
3.BARC
4.BHEL
5.SAIL
6.GAIL
7.NTPC
8.ONGC
9.NHPC
10.Railways

Other jobs like-
Defense exams-CDS, UES

Govt. banking sector exams..

you can apply for any of them..

All the best.
8th November 2011, 04:37 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

BHEL
NTPC
IOCL
ONGC
POWER GRID

Other jobs like-
Defense exams-CDS, UES

Govt. banking sector exams.
8th November 2011, 04:42 PM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

BHEL
NTPC
IOCL
ONGC
POWER GRID

Other jobs like-
Defense exams-CDS, UES

Govt. banking sector exams.
12th December 2011, 07:39 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

There are many opportunities for B.tech mechanical stream candidates but the competition level along with the job opportunities is very high so, getting a job in the Government core side has been a tough job for many.

Public Sector Undertaking(PSU)
There are many companies from the Government side which recruit Mechanical Engineers based on their requirement.The minimum eligibility to satisfy is that you should be a candidate who have above 65%.Some of the PSU's like ONGC recruits Mechanical Engineers having an aggregate of 70% or above.Some of the PSU's which you can apply for are:-
NTPC, BHPV, BDL, BEML, BEL, BHEL, ISRO, HAL, SAIL, BSNL, GAIL, ONGC ,.etc

All these companies conducts their examinations separately for recruiting Engineers from various streams.Presently I have mentioned a few companies which are from your core side.The notifications of all the companies will be published in the "Employment News".Each company conducts their own examination at different time but the selection pattern remains the same i.e written test in selected cities followed by interview and medical test.

For more details about PSU's you can visit the following link-Click here

UPSC and SSC
Some of the exams conducted by the UPSC Board are IES, CDS, CSAT,.etc.By going through the IES examination conducted by the UPSC you can enter into various sectors like Defense, Railways, Aviation sector,.etc.Remember this examination is much tougher than the GATE examination.

At present you can go through the Combined Defense Service(CDS) examination conducted by the UPSC Board to enter into the Defense Sector.This examination consists of three stages i.e Written exam held in selected cities followed by SSB where by candidates selected in the written test are sent call letters for SSB.For more details regarding the examination please go through the following link
UPSC-Click here
SSC-Click here
12th December 2011, 10:43 AM
krishnamurariray3165

Hello friend
There are many job opportunities after completing B.Tech with mechanical stream ,
In both public sector as well as private sector.the competition level along with the job opportunities is very high so, getting a job in the Government core side has been a tough job for many.
for applying in the public sector you must have 65% marks in the B.Tech.
*-ISRO
*-DRDO
*-BARC
*-BHEL
*-SAIL
*-GAIL
*-NTPC
*-ONGC
*-NHPC
*-Railways

with regard
krishnamurariray3165
16th December 2011, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

how can be know the date of application,imp.news not avl. here
13th January 2012, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Is ksou is approved by AICTE and UGC ? can i apply for govt. job in teaching profession after doing m.sc physics from this univ.?
3rd June 2012, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

sir, I am a final year student in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING. Can i apply for any government jobs from now onwards? and suggest me jobs without GD session.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?