13th July 2011, 02:10 AM
sandeepchauhan

Jobs in Army after MCA?

I have completed my mca this year and i want to go for army. what are the jobs in army after mca?

13th July 2011, 01:59 PM
ROHIT1THAKUR

Default Re: Jobs in Army after MCA?

MCA is not a recognized qualification for entry into any type of service with the Indian Government so there are not any job in Indian army after mca.
13th July 2011, 07:32 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I have completed my mca this year and i want to go for army. what are the jobs in army after mca?
Jobs in Army as a Commissioned officer can be join by follwoing Entries.As you have done with Post Graduation in MCA if you still satisfies Age limits then you will be eligible.

After Graduation If you had taken Engineering Degree as your Graduation, then you can have

Through UES i.e University Entry Scheme in Army Final and Pre Final year Students can apply for this, if you clear SSB , then you will be treated One Year in IMA. (21 to 24 years)

Through CDSE i.e Combined Defense Service Examination. Final year Students can write this. You can opt Air Force , Army or Navy , if you select Army and clears SSB then you will be Entered into IMA directly for One year Training.(21 to 24 years)

Through SSC or TGC i.e Short Service Commission and Technical Graduate Scheme. Final year Technical Graduate can apply for both the Entries and Procedure is same as Above i.e One year IMA if selected in SSB (Service Selection Board.) (21 to 25 years.)
13th July 2011, 08:16 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you can go for Army jobs after MCA course.

to join in the in Army, you have to give UPSC exam.

through the UPSC exam you can join in the ARMY.

the criteria which is required for the UPSC exam is given below

1.minimum graduation qualification.

2.age limit 21-28 years.

all the best.......
13th July 2011, 09:38 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

hello
given below are the following entries through which you can join the job in army as a Commissiond officers.
if you had done PG in mca and still satisfies age limits then you will be eligible.
AFTER GRADUATION:-for engineering holder student ,given below are the exam conducted by the government of india
1 UES EXAM:-it stands for Universities Entries Scheme. the students of army final and pre final year can apply
2 CDSE EXAM :-stands for Combind Defence Service Examination.students of final year can apply. following are the option if you select Army
1 AIR Force
2 ARMY OR NAVY
age limit (21 to 24)
3 SSC or TGC Exam:-stands for Short Service Commission and Techinical Graduate SCHEME .
13th July 2011, 10:06 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear

after MCA

you also join in ARMY

you can join through give the University entry scheme

and you go through CDS exam

age 21 tyo 26 years.
14th July 2011, 01:22 AM
sumit 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepchauhan View Post
Hi, first of all you should not be more than 25 at the time of joining, so roughly , you can apply upto 24 years 6 months of age.

Now if you have age, you can go through CDS written exam conducted by UPSC and not by UES or TGC, which is for B.Tech students only.

Best of luck. Feel free to ask if doubts remain.
14th July 2011, 04:11 AM
Uttam Nandi

Look as MCA is computer application related field, there is no use of it in army to my best knowledge.
Generally selection in army is based on graduation level qualification. If you have bachelor's degree in any discipline and your age is below 24 you can write CDS exam for training in Indian Military Academy or in officer's training. This is a option for you I can see.
You haven't mentioned in which stream you have completed your bachelor's degree. I can guess you haven't done it in engineering branches like mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, electronics & communication engineering, civil engineering. Cause generally people don't persue MCA after engineering in this core branches. Fortunately if you have done then you have a number of other options. You can write Combined Engineering Service exam for getting job in military engineering services. And through UES or university entry scheme you can get a chance of training in IMA. Age limit for this is 19 to 25 years.
Hope this will help
- Uttam Nandi
15th July 2011, 01:21 AM
sumit 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepchauhan View Post
Hello, there are many ways to join the Military after MCA. You can go for Army, airforce , navy. the mode of entry are as follows-

1.CDS written followed by SSB
2.AFCAT(air force)- written exam, followed by SSB

You would have been eligible for TGC if you were a B.E or B.Tech graduate. But nothing to worry, as you have these entries.

Best of luck. feel free to ask if doubts remain.
1st August 2011, 08:57 AM
Unregistered

i'm pursuing MCA, am i eligible to appear for IAF, currently i'm 22 years old
10th June 2012, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

can bsc(hons)chemistry apply for the cds exam ?
7th May 2013, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my bca,doing jobs as LDC in government of bihar and my age is 34. please suggest me for further grow more in career.
8th November 2013, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my mca this year and i want to go for army. but i m 27 year old if any possible ple tell me sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?