31st May 2016, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

With just 103 marks in JEE Main examination can I get admission in a NIT?

Well actually I got 103 marks in JEE Main examination, and I have not applied for Advanced exam. So, just based on my Main score can I get a perfect college of nit with such a marks?

31st May 2016, 03:08 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: With just 103 marks in JEE Main examination can I get admission in a NIT?

No, you can't get admission in NIT with just 103 marks in JEE Main examination. To get admission in NIT, you must have to score at least 300 marks in JEE Main examination.

To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you must have qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank among all categories in JEE Main examination.

The seat allocation in NIT's will be done on basis of your 12th standard examination marks and JEE Main examination score. Since, you have qualified the examination, I suggest you to attend the counselling process, so, that you can know in which college you can get admission for pursuing your higher studies.
31st May 2016, 06:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: With just 103 marks in JEE Main examination can I get admission in a NIT?

If we see the cut off marks of Joint Entrance Examination Main 2016, it is 100 marks for open category candidates, 70 marks for OBC candidates and 52 marks for SC candidates and 48 marks for ST candidates.

Now, you have got 103 marks, for admission in National Institute of Technology, rank is prepared on basis of marks in JEE Main exam and 10+2 board exam marks. You have not quoted your 10+2 marks. Your JEE Marks is very low and just around cut off. You can chances of admission in NIT only if you belong to SC/ST category.

With 103 marks, there is no chance for general and OBC candidates.
31st May 2016, 06:39 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, if you belong to general category you are not eligible to get admission in NIT. As the cut off score for general category candidate is 100 marks.

But, if you belong to reserved category and have better aggregate in 10+2 you may get admission in NIT in some of courses.

So, you have to wait for counselling.
31st May 2016, 08:34 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

NIT means National Institute of Technology. After IIT, it is one of the best technical institute.

Cut off marks for JEE Main exam 2016:

1. General category candidates: 100 marks.

2. OBC candidates: 70 marks.

3. SC: 52 marks.

4. ST: 48 marks.

You have got 103 marks in JEE Main but this marks is not enough to get admission in any NITs.
31st May 2016, 11:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination. Rank list of JEE Main exam is not yet declared but cut off list was out few weeks ago:

Open category: 100 marks.

OBC candidate: 70 marks.

SC/ST: 52 and 48 marks.

With 103 marks, you can not get admission in any National Institute of Technology assuming you belong to open category.
31st May 2016, 11:22 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

103 marks in JEE Main is just equivalent to qualifying score for general category so it is not possible to get admission in NIT after having that much score.

So, you have to appear for next year examination and from now you need to prepare hard to qualify in examination with better score.

The Main rank having 60% weightage to Main score, so if you score better in it there will more chance to get admission in better NIT and in stream of your own interest.
1st June 2016, 12:44 AM
13precious

Sorry to say you are not eligible to get seat in NIT after scoring 103 rank.

Still you must have to do hard work & should try in next time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?