4th June 2017, 04:51 PM
arshad sheikh

Less than 60% marks in 12th will affect my career after graduating?

I have completed my 12 with cbse board and got 58%. And now I am interested for mechanical engineering. But i have a doubt that will this marks will affect me in getting placement or in getting job. After completing my graduation .

I dont know what to do now.
Email: [email protected]
Mo. : 9893277243

4th June 2017, 08:13 PM
help100%

Default Re: Less than 60% marks in 12th will affect my career after graduating?

No, your 10+2 marks are not going to effect your placement in you final year of your course, because the companies look for whether the candidate is capable or not to fullfill their goal or work, certain companies do prescribe placement eligibility percentage but i.e of you final year or previous year performance, rarely they ask for 10+2 percentage, appear in the entrance exams conducted by various universities for engineering. So, focus on your semester marks don't worry about 10+2 marks, if you are not satisfied then appear in improvement exam conducted by various Boards.

Generally the marks of HS doesn't play much at the time of placement, semester marks plays a vital role, above all your performance and knowledge level plays the ultimate role in regard to you selection by any company.
4th June 2017, 11:16 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Yes, 12th marks can affect your chances of getting into a good college/University or IITs.
The cutoff is 75% for getting into IITs. But there are many other colleges that require 60% marks in 12th to be eligible for their Entrance Tests.

However with 58% marks, you may go for B.Sc course. But if you insist of pursuing Mechanical Engineering, you may apply for Compartment examination and attain better marks and then apply for thr JEE mains exam.

For B.Sc course, the following Universities would be the best :-
* Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
* Delhi University, Delhi
* St. Xavier's College, Kolkata
* Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh

However, if you somehow pursuing Mechanical engineering, your 12th score is not going to affect much in placements. The Companies mainly focuses on your skills, your personality, your Graduation score, your thoughts and your attitude.
4th June 2017, 11:37 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

It is good that you have passed your 12th standard from CBSE board with 58% marks. You should not feel depressed about it because you have passed your 12th standard with CBSE board and this board has lot of value in your future because this is really a tough board. Moreover your skill and your knowledge matters to get job in future. You should not think about your 12th standard percentage now you should have him to get high score in your graduation so that it may not affect your future and also to gain more and more knowledge to have more skills.
5th June 2017, 10:02 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

You can get admission in any engineering college if you have written and qualified any entrance exam or you can even directly get a admission in management quota.

The percentage of 12th class is just for eligibility and cut off of the college for giving admission. If you have qualified in written exam they'll not consider your 12th class marks.

In companies they'll consider the graduation percentage they'll not compare your 10th & 12th percentage. In general the cut off marks or percentage are kept to cut off the students. You need to score good percentage in your graduation (60-75%) because most of the companies ask this minimum percentage. Once you have eligible for the company then they'll conduct their own rounds and check your ability.

Your 12th percentage will not be a problem for getting admission of getting job opportunities. They'll not consider your 12th class performance they'll just check the graduation performance.
5th June 2017, 07:41 PM
rachamallamanoj

You don't have any problem to join mechanical engineering after completing 12th. You can join mechanical engineering after passing 12th and engineering common entrance exam.

You can join engineering by appearing in the state level exams because they require 50% marks in 12th as minimum and some central level exams also

The basic eligibility for B.Tech is

The eligibility for B.Tech is :
1. You must complete 12th PCM or diploma in engineering from a recognised board.
2. The minimum age limit is 17 and maximum age limit is 25 years.
3. The minimum marks required in 12th is 50%.

The engineering seat you can get will depend on the entrance exam score.

To tell it will be effected with 58% marks in 12th after getting placements in engineering because most of the companies require the candidate to have 60% marks as minimum from 10th to graduation. But you can get job in other companies also where this criteria is not there and apply for government jobs also
3rd December 2018, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

How to get more than 60 percentage after getting below 60 percentage in 12th?
15th July 2020, 09:51 AM
Unregistered

I want to write once again the exam 2nd pu science after getting less marks is it pos
sible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?