14th June 2018, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Is Mathematics compulsory in 12th for CA and other Banking related courses?

Is Mathematics compulsory in 12th for pursuing Chartered Accountants and other Banking courses? I'm not interested to choose Math in 12th class because if I will choose Math in 12th, my percentage will be down in board exam. So, kindly give me advice as soon as possible.

15th June 2018, 10:02 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Mathematics compulsory in 12th for CA and other Banking related courses?

According to the rules set by the ICAI, students who have passed 10+2 board examination or any graduation course are eligible to undergo CA Training.

There is no mention of Mathematics as a Compulsory Subject.
15th June 2018, 11:10 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Mathematics compulsory in 12th for CA and other Banking related courses?

Mathematics should not be a mandatory subject in order to join CA course or other banking related courses.

You are eligible for any Commerce or Finance or Banking related course after completion of 12th class with any stream.

As you are not interested in Mathematics, I would suggest you to opt for 10+2 with the below streams
CEC - Civics, Economics and Commerce
HEC - History, Economics and Commerce

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy. This is a very much popular course having great career scope and job opportunities.

This course will be completed in the following stages :
CPT Exam
IPCC
CA Final

If you want to get Bank Job, then I would suggest you to complete Graduation with any of the stream as per your interest.

Ensure you should score a minimum of 60% of marks in your Graduation which is minimum academic criteria required to be eligible to apply for Bank PO Job.

The selection process for Bank PO Jobs is
Written Exam
Interview

There is huge competition for Bank jobs among the candidates. If you want to get bank job, I would suggest you to opt for Coaching from the 1st year of your Graduation itself.
15th June 2018, 11:19 AM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

No, it is not compulsory to have mathematics as main paper in 12th or bachelor's degree to appear for CA and other Banking related course.

The required minimum educational qualification to appear for Banking exams is that candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The age limit varies for SBI/IBPS/Private sector and other different post.

After 12th, you are eligible to give CA first stage CPT (Common Proficiency Test).

But, CA and Banking you know Mathematics up to 10th level.

For more information, you can visit at www.abi.in. and www.ibps.in and www.icai.in.
15th June 2018, 11:39 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics is not compulsory but definitely needed for chartered accountancy and banking related courses. You must choose Mathematics in 12th if you are interested in either of courses. Get over your fear of losing marks in 12th. If you study well and practice this subject, it can help you get more percentage of marks.

Mathematics is a scoring subject. It has wide application CA and banking. You may find difficulty in pursuing CA course without mathematics.
15th June 2018, 11:50 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** CA stands for Chartered Accountant.

** Candidate should have passed 12th class from a recognized board.

** As per my knowledge, Mathematics is not compulsory in 12th for CA and other Banking related courses.

** Also there is no restriction with regard to the age of the candidate.
15th June 2018, 12:26 PM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is Mathematics compulsory in 12th for pursuing Chartered Accountants and other Banking courses? I'm not interested to choose Math in 12th class because if I will choose Math in 12th, my percentage will be down in board exam. So, kindly give me advice as soon as possible.
No, Mathematics is not compulsory for appearing in Chartered Accountants exam and other Banking exams. You just have to opt for Commerce stream in 10+2. After this, you need to complete your graduation in any field to be eligible for these exams. To become Chartered Accounts, you have to appear for CA-CPT exam. While for getting bank jobs, you have to apply for SBI PO, IBPS, etc. exams.
15th June 2018, 01:08 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Mathematics as a subject has lot of usage and application in Chartered Accountancy course from CPT to final level course. Without having knowledge of mathematics upto standard 12th, you may face difficulty in pursuing CA course.

You must select Mathematics at 12th level if you are interested in CA or banking related course. It is not difficult if you understand its concept and practice well.
15th June 2018, 01:24 PM
google girl
Senior Member+

According to me, yes. Mathematics is compulsory in 12th with commerce stream to pursue CA course. But for any other banking related courses like Diploma in Banking, one must have completed Graduation in any stream.
15th June 2018, 05:11 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The knowledge of mathematics subject till senior secondary level is very helpful in Chartered Accountancy course. The eligibility criteria for CA course:;

Candidates who have passed 12th from a recognized board can apply for Common Proficiency test to get enrolled in CA course. You must choose mathematics in subject group in senior secondary board examination.

Mathematics is also helpful in banking courses.
15th June 2018, 05:53 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, off course. Mathematics is compulsory in 12th standard to apply for CA. And candidates must have commerce stream along with mathematics in 1th standard to become a CA. But for banking related courses, mathematics is not compulsory. Candidates of other subjects or streams are also take admission in Banking related courses.
16th June 2018, 08:54 AM
mentorseduserv

Math is not compulsory in 12th for pursuing chartered accountant and other banking courses. You can do it by taking commerce also but the exam is very touch for you but you don't worry do practice better and join tuition they will help you.
Thanks you
16th June 2018, 10:16 PM
sha2nk90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are basically 4 options before you to choose from after 10th class:
1. Mathematics Group
2. Biology group
3. Commerce group
4. Arts group.

For becoming a Chartered Accountants or pursuing other Banking courses, you need not to take Mathematics group, rather you need to select Commerce group.

But again commerce related subjects like CA or any other banking course, needs you to be good in mathematics as banking is all about calculation. So you can not keep yourself away from Mathematics if you are willing to be a CA or wanting to joing banking industry

In short, the answer of your question is, No! opting Mathematics Group is not compulsory but in Commerce group too, you will find many math related things like accountancy etc. SO after choosing commerce too you can not hide yourself from Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?