6th October 2015, 03:14 AM
Unregistered

Is Maths compulsory for admission in Genetics Engineering?

Please explain me that is it compulsory that in genetic engineering we should take maths ..as i had not take down maths in 11 and i am in class 12.

6th October 2015, 05:29 PM
JSD.

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory for admission in Genetics Engineering?

The admission in the engineering course can be done after completing +2.One has to do the B.E. or B.tech course for becoming the engineer.

Genetic engineering is a branch of this course. The basic eligibility criteria for the B.E./B.tech course is to have a successfully passed in the +2.Also the appearing aspirant must be belong from the PCM background during their +1 and +2.

If you belong from the Math-Science group then only you can be eligible for the B.E/B.tech course other wise you can not do so.
6th October 2015, 10:21 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

**Yes mathematics is compulsory for admission in the genetic engineering courses.

~~>For admission you have to passed 12th grade with biology, chemistry and mathematics from any well recognized university with good marks.

~~>For admission you have to passed an entrance examination conducted by colleges or university administration..

**List of Genetic engineering colleges===>

::::>Bharathiar University, TN
Calicut University, Kozhikode-, Kerala

::::>Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.

::::>Department of Zoology, Poona University, Pune, Maharashtra.

::::>Indian Institute of Technology, Powai, Mumbai.

::::>University of Kerala, Thiruvananthaouram, Kerala.

::::>Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra...
6th October 2015, 10:41 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Is Maths compulsory for admission in Genetics Engineering?

** Genetic Engineering is a branch of engineering which deals with the manipulation of human cells, DNA, genes etc.

** YES- Maths is compulsory for admission in Genetics Engineering.

** For genetic engineering, Candidates must have pursued Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12th.

** Also candidates must have secured a 60% in intermediate to be eligible.

** Admission in Genetic engineering is done on the basis of ENTRANCE EXAMINATION Like--AIEEE, IIT-JEE, OJEE, WBJEE, VITEEE Etc.
6th October 2015, 11:36 PM
H Rimmy

Yes definitely math subject is compulsory for genetic engineering.
Eligibility criteria:- You must have passed +2 with biology,chemistry & maths with minimum 50% marks .It is a bachelor degree course of four years.

Here i tell you in brief about Genetic Engineering is that in which bacterial,plant & animal cells can be modified.
7th October 2015, 11:58 PM
RRAL

Yes maths is compulsory for the admission in the engineering course. For Doing the engineering you have to do the B.E. or B.tech course. Basically genetic engineering is a branch of B.E./B.tech course.

The eligibility for the B.E course is to have a successfully passed 12th course from a recognised board.The student who are appearing in this course must belong from the PCM background or PCB background but mathematics must be a major or optional subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?