23rd May 2011, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths crucial for B.Tech? What will I do if I have 54% only in Maths?

is maths crucial for b.tech .what i will do if i have only 54% only for maths

24th May 2011, 12:06 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is Maths crucial for B.Tech? What will I do if I have 54% only in Maths?

Yes, its crucial, but not all branches of engineering requires too much mathematics for example chemical ,textile, ceramic & metallurgy requires very less mathematics.

But for Electrical, Computer Sc & Mechanical , its too essential.
Also a good preparation is also required to clear entrance exam of engineering.
If you are aiming for IITJEE, then definitely you have to master mathematics.

Also keep in mind, the mathematics which you will in btech is much different form what you will study till 12th.
24th May 2011, 02:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths crucial for B.Tech? What will I do if I have 54% only in Maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
math is not crucial for b-tech student because this is very essay in b-tech syllabus .

you have to collect some model question paper , 10 year question and also class notes.also focus on your practice session.

then you are very comfortable in maths....
24th May 2011, 03:53 AM
jaunty jazzz

Thumbs up Re: Is Maths crucial for B.Tech? What will I do if I have 54% only in Maths?

maths is important if you want to take a subject related to physics in your b.tech course.in chemical engineering the level of maths is not high at all.best of luck for your future.
13th June 2011, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

if i have to do b-tech computer science engineering then is maths to important for that..? and what is the level of maths there..?
17th June 2011, 05:24 PM
kartavya99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
math is not the only subject for b.tech. b.tech. is all about total physics and you need not to worry about low marks of math. you can improve your mathematics by hard working. so all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?