5th October 2017, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Is maths subject important for fashion designing?

Is maths subject important for fashion designing? Can you please let me know the answer on this? Do I need to take maths if I want to have a career in fashion designing? Can someone please give me the right suggestion on the same? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Is maths subject important for fashion designing?
  2. Passed B.Sc in Fashion Designing. Is it possible to do B.Ed in other subject apart from Fashion Designing? -- [New]
  3. Which subject i should opt in 12th instead of Maths for pursuing Fashion Designing in future?
  4. Is it possible to go for Fashion designing course without having Maths background?
  5. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to pursue Fashion Designing in the future? Which subject will be important?
  6. Fashion Designing after B.Sc Maths is a wise decision?
  7. Minimum percentage required in 12th to appear for NIFT? Is maths subject compulsory for Fashion designing?
  8. How to do fashion designing after passing 10th?
  9. Is important to have Maths for Fashion Designing (Textile Design and Development)?
  10. How to do fashion designing after completion of B.Tech?
  11. How to become a Fashion Designer after 10th? Is perfect drawing important for Fashion designing course?
  12. What is the scope of doing diploma in fashion designing?
  13. Whether Maths is compulsory for Fashion Designing at NIFT or not?
  14. Is Maths necessary for fashion designing? What is the criteria for NIFT in 12th class with PCB to get admission for fashion designing -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Eligibility to apply in NET(Fashion Designing) for Advanced Diploma holder in Textile and Fashion Designing?
  16. What is the scope for doing diploma in fashion designing?
  17. Which subject should I choose in 11th for studying Fashion Designing course? List of institutions offering Fashion Designing course?
  18. Is mathematics necessary for fashion designing?
6th October 2017, 11:54 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is maths subject important for fashion designing?

Let me tell you that Maths is not compulsory in Fashion Designing but a little bit knowledge is important for measurement process.
In Fashion Designing drawing, innovative mind, creativity is more important. Get subjects like Fine arts, Drawing, Illustration, Engineering Drawing.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-
Candidate must be an Intermediate degree holder from a recognized university in order to pursue Diploma in Fashion Designing.
6th October 2017, 02:23 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to have mathematics in intermediate or bachelor degree to pursue fashion designing course.

The eligibility to get admission in fashion designing course is :-

B.Des -- Candidate must have passed 12th in any stream from a recognised board.

B.F.Tech -- Candidate must have passed 12th with PCM as main paper.

So, if you do not have mathematics as main paper in 12th. You are eligible to get admission in B.Des course.

To get admission in course you have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by various institutes.
6th October 2017, 03:31 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

To get into Fashion Designing, you need to apply for entrance exams like National Institute of Fashion Technology examination.

Eligibility criteria for NIFT exam:

The compulsory subjects to be studied at bachelor's degree to apply for NIFT entrance exam are Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.

So, mathematics is necessary for NIFT exam and without which you will not be eligible for admission in Bachelor of Fashion Designing.
6th October 2017, 04:17 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

If you want to take admission in B.F.Tech course then maths is compulsory in your intermediate. You have to complete your intermediate in science stream with physics chemistry and maths. But for B.Des course there is no specific subjects required. You can pursue intermediate in subjects which you want. Thanks
6th October 2017, 07:09 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, Mathematics is not necessary for Fashion designing course.

Minimum required academic qualification to join fashion designing course is 10+2 in any stream with at least 50% marks.

In most of the good institutes, admission is strictly on merit. A merit list is prepared based on the performance in the written test, situation test, group discussion and interview.
6th October 2017, 07:40 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not compulsory to have mathematics in 12th or bachelor degree to get admission in bachelor or master degree in designing respectively.

Candidates without mathematics are eligible to get admission in bachelor in designing course.

Bachelor degree passed candidates can appear in examination for admission in master degree course ( M.Des ).

The age limit and minimum required aggregate to appear in examination varies with institutes.

To get admission in NIFT candidates have to appear and qualify in NIFT examination. For detail information visit at www.nift.ac.in.
6th October 2017, 11:58 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Mathematics is not necessary for Bachelor of Fashion Designing but compulsory for Bachelor of Fashion Technology.

Candidates after passing 10+2 board exam or appearing for it can apply for National Institute of Fashion Technology to get admission in Bachelor of Fashion Designing.
24th March 2019, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

I don't want to study maths but I want to study fashion technology. Is it possible or not.
22nd January 2023, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

If you have a D plain in maths can you persue bachelor in fashion and design
27th January 2023, 09:32 PM
Member+

No, maths subject is not that much important in fashion designing.
You have to pass 10+2 exam in any stream....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?