10th October 2010, 09:55 PM
chirag.job505

MBA or Job in IT companies? which one to prefer after engineering?

Since i have done MBA coaching so If i am selected in good B School and also selected in any IT company from engineering college then where should i go..?what must i prefer..?

11th October 2010, 12:41 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: MBA or Job in IT companies? which one to prefer after engineering?

hello dear

you see, if you are interested to work with your IT field then you must do mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then MTech is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your engineering field, then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you shoud remember, for getting promotion in company, MBA is essentially required.

all the best........
11th October 2010, 04:20 PM
koli

Hello Chirag,
It would be better to pursue an MBA with an work experience. Many of the courses during the MBA program revolve around concepts and principles that one would have got exposed to at work.
In fact many of the top 100 global b-schools prefer students with work experience.
Engineering is very much helpful for MBA student to understand all the technical aspects in a better way.No doubt work experience help a lot in MBA but MBA for an Engineer means a better and stable job.
but also remember,an MBA only helps an engineer if they are wanting to go into management,though it is not always necessary.
I'd suggest getting the experience first.
good luck...
11th October 2010, 09:13 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag.job505 View Post
Since i have done MBA coaching so If i am selected in good B School and also selected in any IT company from engineering college then where should i go..?what must i prefer..?
dear friend
in my opinion, you must do mba after engineering because now a days all the multinational companies demand for btech + mba. They are getting very high salaries. And if you are getting a job with high salary then i don,t think that you must do further studies.
9th November 2010, 10:05 PM
Sneha1247

Thumbs up Re: MBA or Job in IT companies? which one to prefer after engineering?

Hi!!!!
first you must know that what you think if you are interested to work with IT company than I think you should go for job if you are getting opportunity and also you can do your MBA with correspondence.

You can also do your MBA after 03-06 years of work experience depends on your choice of institution. after having the same experience you can do 1 year executive MBA program from IGNOU with the NIIT collaboration.That will be really helpful for your carrier.

with best wishes!!!!
10th November 2010, 11:04 AM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: MBA or Job in IT companies? which one to prefer after engineering?

dear friend,

Its just a matter of your personal interest, what you want to do next?

But i would like to give you some suggestion about it.

If you got job in very reputed companies like IBM,TCS,Infosys,Wipro etc, then job should be prefer by you & after doing job 2-3 years you should do MBA.

Because after getting some work experience from reputed company, you will get benefit to take admission in very good B schools as well as you will also get good salary package after your work experience.

Remember friend, today is the time of experienced person, & chances of sacking of experienced employee is very less than freshers.

good luck.
10th November 2010, 01:52 PM
professor.singh

Hello,

As you have already done coaching for MBA and waiting for sellections in either a IT company or good college for MBA, you first of all have to see that if there is no pressure on you from the financial side of the family.

Then i will strongly suggest you to go for MBA nd the think about any job.

All the best
10th November 2010, 04:06 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Hiiiiiiiii
It totally depends on you in which you have interest-----
and coming to job or study you can do in many ways like
First Way:-do MBA then do job in MNC'S this will give a chance of high salary.
Second Way:-gain some experience in job and then do MBA it is more worthy's.
Third Way:-do MBA while doing job as many company offers for it.....
so good luck
10th November 2010, 05:25 PM
neethubobby

hey friend

Since you are from a technical background its better you get a job work for a year o so and then do your MBA. In fact doing your MBA with some work experience will add on to your knowledge levels and you would also be given more preference during the selection rounds.

all d best
10th November 2010, 06:13 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

in my opinion you should go for the job. gain some work experiance and then try mba. it would be best for you. as after completing your mba due to work experiance you will easily get job.
15th November 2010, 10:19 PM
sanjusabu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirag.job505 View Post
This is really tough for me to tell you to go for whether B school or IT companies because decision is really up to you.
If you are really interested in teaching jobs then you should go for B School and this job require less effort than IT companies jobs.But if you consider the salaries then IT companies will give you much more than B school.
IT companies job is really challenging and require great effort to do well in that. But at the end you can gain a lot of experience which can really help you in future.
15th November 2010, 11:00 PM
ashish121

f you are interested to work with your IT field then you must do mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then MTech is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your engineering field, then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you shoud remember, for getting promotion in company, MBA is essentially required.

all the best........
16th November 2010, 02:14 PM
megha ram singh

Smile Re: MBA or Job in IT companies? which one to prefer after engineering?

If you are intersted in IT industry then i think you should go for masters,after that you'll get a very good job .
another way is first you do M.Tech. and then do your MBA,then it'll be more beneficial to you, it will increase your knowledge as well as you'll be more eligible for good jobs.
9th December 2010, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

i need to go for core company after completing my btech is MBA is compulsory for it?.doing MBA how does it helps for us?.
10th December 2010, 12:29 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

hello friend

its always best to go for higher studies after bachelors

because you know if for our sick luck if any recission occurs in the market first to loose jobs are b.tech engineers for safe side we have to pursue higher studies

if not now you may again loose the interest to do higher studies

its best to select option m.b.a

all the best

~aditya~
5th August 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

my hobby is listening to music and skecthing so plz send me why this is my hobby and also give some question with answer related to this?
16th August 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am keen to do my MBA but I am confused of doing it now or 2 yrs later after after getting some work experience in IT company.
I want to know the difference in opportunities in both choices
16th August 2011, 06:37 PM
sgsharadgupta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am keen to do my MBA but I am confused of doing it now or 2 yrs later after after getting some work experience in IT company.
I want to know the difference in opportunities in both choices
Friend your confusion is obvious most of the students are in same dilemma in my view if you are getting a good job in software firm then go for it and after earning some money do mba because at that time money will not be of much worries and experience people do get weightage during interviews and selection process and later also during your campus placement you will have an added advantage.......but if you don't want to join job then go for mba don't waste time.....
all the best ,
sharad
16th August 2011, 10:31 PM
Sehwag6

After b.tech you are eligible to go for jobs or higher studies. If your financial condition is good and interested in higher studies means you do it. The courses are mba and m.tech. Otherwise you go for jobs. You get easily job from many top companies with your qualification. All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?