6th August 2011, 08:33 PM
19jaya91

How can I apply for Engineering Services while in 3rd year? If I have a weak eyesight am I eligible for it?

Hi.I am a women and I am in third year computer science student pursuing B.Tech.Please tell me how can I apply for engineering services. I want to include one more thing my eyesight is very weak.Whether am i eligible for it or not?

24th August 2011, 12:42 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I apply for Engineering Services while in 3rd year? If I have a weak eyesight am I eligible for it?

Dear Friend

You can't apply for Engineering services Examination during third year of B.Tech.
You can apply only in final year of B.Tech. or later.

Through Indian Engineering Services Examination, appointment is done in various types
of services of engineering.
The medical standards are different for different kind or work profile.
With weak eyesight you are surely not eligible for some of its services but it doesn't
mean that you are not eligible for any services.
The final appointment is done on the basis of your Merit Rank, Your preference and
your fitness. In Telecommunication field there are very less no. of services where
people with weak eyesight are not eligible.

So, you do not need to worry in this regard. just prepare well for the exam.
24th August 2011, 01:15 AM
NEIL6

Default Re: How can I apply for Engineering Services while in 3rd year? If I have a weak eyesight am I eligible for it?

Sorry to say but you cant apply for Engineering Services Examination while you are in 3rd

year. You can apply only when you are in 4th year or you would have completed your

btech. There are many jobs which do not concerned with your medical fitness. They do

not demand for the good power of eye. But there are some jobs which demand for better

eyesight. You dont worry. Just prepare yourself according to the examination and be

confident.

With best wishes!
24th August 2011, 01:41 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

no, you are not eligible for IES after completing B.Tech in computer science.

as computer science branch is not eligiable for the UPSC-IES exam.

and the other criteria which are required for the four discipline branch of engineering is given below

1.minimum graduation in engineering from recognized university or college in the following branch only.

>Mechanical.

>Civil.

>Electronics & communication.

>Electical.

2.minimum 55% marks in engineering.

3.age limit 21-28 Years.

all the best........
24th August 2011, 02:54 AM
Mannu2525

Thumbs up Re: How can I apply for Engineering Services while in 3rd year? If I have a weak eyesight am I eligible for it?

Dear,

IES exam can only be given by graduates so, you are not eligible now. after completion of your B.Tech you are eligible to sit in the exam with your particular subject.

Eye site value doesn't affect your rank or selection in IES.

It is done in 2 phase
1. Written exam
2. interview

After clearing both the phase, you will be appointed as a executive engineer in some branches of government of India.

Best of luck!
7th October 2011, 11:55 PM
convertor

Hello friend, the indian engineering services exams are conducted by union public service commission(upsc) in every year. Eligibility criteria:- educational qualification is graduation in engineering with 4 streams only.the streams are electronics and communication, electricals and electronics, mechanical and civil. Age limit is 21 to 30years. After completing engineering, you apply upsc exams for ies. Prepare well. All the best
4th January 2012, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

I am in 3rd year of power engineering can i apply for IES?
3rd February 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

im average student of electrical engineering, which type of jobs will suport me?
4th February 2012, 09:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19jaya91 View Post
Hi.I am a women and I am in third year computer science student pursuing B.Tech.Please tell me how can I apply for engineering services. I want to include one more thing my eyesight is very weak.Whether am i eligible for it or not?

Final year B-Tech student are applicable for IES exam.Eye-sight problem is not any matter for IES exam.So you can go for IES exam.

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Masters degree in Physics and Radio Physics are applicable for IES exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Number of attempts for IES exam is

For general student it is 4.

And for OBC it is 7 times.

And for SC/ST it is 9 time

You are from ECE department so you are eligible for IES exam.

BEST BOOKS FOR IES EXAM

I have attached the question paper and syllabus for IES exam.

EXAMINATION SCHEDULE:-

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012

LAST DATE RECEIPT APPLICATION:- 17.09.2012

DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in

Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES SYLLABUS FOR CE.pdf(90.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: pdf IES SYLLABUS FOR ECE.pdf(83.6 KB, 83 views)
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR IES EXAM IN MECHANICAL DEPARMENT.PDF(17.8 KB, 89 views)
File Type: pdf IES 1.pdf(113.2 KB, 90 views)
File Type: pdf IES 2.pdf(133.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: pdf IES 3.pdf(553.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: pdf IES 4.pdf(480.5 KB, 84 views)
24th March 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

IS THIS ENGINEERING SERVICES EXAMINATION HELD TWICE IN A YEAR????????????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?