20th March 2012, 10:42 AM
arshiyabegum

Is my niece eligible to write Karnataka CET after completing 10th ICSE from AP?

Sir ,
My niece who has completed her Xth (ICSE) From Andra pradesh And now she is Planning to do her Ist PU And IInd PU from Karntaka. And her mother has studied till SSLC (Ist standard to Xth standard) in karnataka. Is my niece eligible to write CET karnataka. Please ensure me with the answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What's the CET eligibility criteria for a non Karnataka candidate who have completed 10th std(ICSE) in AP?
  2. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET exam? I have done my 10th from M.P and 12th from Karnataka
  3. Am I eligible to write the CET of Karnataka after completing 12th in Tamilnadu but residing in Karnataka?
  4. Can I apply for Karnataka CET as a Local candidate if studied 4 years in Singapore?
  5. Am i eligible to write CET exam in Karnataka?
  6. Am I eligible to write the CET of Karnataka after completing diploma in Karnataka while not being a resident of Karnataka?
  7. Am I eligible to appear in Karnataka-CET being a domicile of Goa?
  8. Am I eligible to write Karnataka, CET? I studied up to 10th Standard,outside India (CBSE) and I am studying in 12th from Karnataka. My parents belong to Karnataka
  9. Am I eligible for karnataka CET examination? I have done my 10th from kerala and 12th from karnataka
  10. Am I eligible to appear in Karnataka CET if completed 10th in Karnataka but Intermediate in Andhra Pradesh? -- [New]
  11. Eligibility to pursue Karnataka CET for a student of Haryana?
  12. What is the eligibility criteria to take up Karnataka CET?
  13. Am i eligible to write diploma CET exam after completing 10th from AP?
  14. How to do engineering in Bangalore?
  15. Can I be eligible to appear for Karnataka CET exam? I am studying in 10th standard
  16. Am I eligible to write KCET 2016 exam if I started continuing 6th standard from Karnataka?
  17. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in CET if completed 10th from Bangalore and pursuing in 12th from Karnataka?
  18. ELigibility criteria for Karnataka CET for a Karnatak resident studying in Kerala? -- [Most Discussed]
27th March 2013, 04:25 PM
Mr Rohit

Default Re: Is my niece eligible to write Karnataka CET after completing 10th ICSE from AP?

Yes,She is applicable for writing Karnataka CET Examinations after completing 2nd PUC.

I have Mentioned below the eligibility criteria for Karnataka-CET examinations below:

If She wants to apply for Medical field:-
She must passed 12th std or equivalent examination with Physics,Chemistry,Biology and English from central board of secondary educations or any Higher Secondary Certificate board recognised by the government or any recognised board.
A minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate of PCB subjects is needed.
If She is belonging to the caste,She needs a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate or must completed 2nd PUC.

If She wants to apply For Engineering Field:-
She must passed 12th std or equivalent examination with Physics,Chemistry,Maths and English from central board of secondary educations or any Higher Secondary Certificate board recognised by the government or any recognised board.
A minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate of PCM subjects is needed.
If She is belonging to the caste,She needs a minimum of 40% marks in aggregate or must completed 2nd PUC.

If She wants to apply For Architecture Field:-
She must passed 12th std or equivalent examination with Maths as an important main subject from central board of secondary educations or any Higher Secondary Certificate board recognised by the government or any recognised board.
A minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate is needed.
If She is belonging to the caste,She needs a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate or must completed 2nd PUC.

6th June 2013, 05:43 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is my niece eligible to write Karnataka CET after completing 10th ICSE from AP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshiyabegum View Post
Sir ,
My niece who has completed her Xth (ICSE) From Andra pradesh And now she is Planning to do her Ist PU And IInd PU from Karntaka. And her mother has studied till SSLC (Ist standard to Xth standard) in karnataka. Is my niece eligible to write CET karnataka. Please ensure me with the answer as soon as possible.

No at present your Niece is not eligible to apply for Karnataka CET(Common Entrance Test).However a candidate of any state of India is eligible to apply for this exam.Details of Karnataka CET :

Exam Category
- This exam is taken for taking admission in Undergraduate Engineering courses.

Exam Level
- State Level Engineering entrance exam for taking admission in Karnataka state Engineering colleges.

Eligibility details :

Educational qualification :-
  • Minimum qualification required to apply for this exam is 10+2 pass ut from any recognized university/board of India.
  • Candidates must have studied Maths with Physics and Chemistry.
Marks :-
  • Those candidates who are from Karnataka state should have a minimum marks of 45% in 10+2.
  • Those candidates who are from outside Karnataka should have a minimum marks of 50% in 10+2.
Exam Pattern for Karnataka CET :-
  • This entrance exam will include two sections.
  • First section will include questions from Physics and Chemistry.
  • Second section will include questions from Mathematics.
  • First section will be of 150 minutes and it will contain 120 questions.
  • Second section will include 60 questions and total duration for this exam will be 80 minutes.
For more details -->> Click-Here .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?