3rd February 2011, 10:17 PM
bibek gupta

Is it necessary to attempt all questions in CDS exam? Any tips or tricks for good percentile?

Is it necessary to attempt all the question of English,G.K and Maths of CDS to get a good percentage?
Is there any criteria/trics/tactics that Only this much question(correct) is enough to attend.
like in Mba Entrance like CAT/MAT there are trics to get a good percentile,s something like that is in CDS exam?
Please tell me.

11th February 2011, 01:05 AM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it necessary to attempt all questions in CDS exam? Any tips or tricks for good percentile?

CDS [Combined Defense Services] examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment to different branches of Indian Military. It is not compulsory to attempt all the questions. But more questions you attempt, more are the marks you get. The only trick to score well in the exam is to have a good grip of General English, Develop ability to solve mathematical problems faster by ample practice and be up to date with General Studies including Current Affairs.

11th February 2011, 08:27 AM
diego
Banned

Default Re: Is it necessary to attempt all questions in CDS exam? Any tips or tricks for good percentile?

Attempting all questions is not necessary, what matters most is that you attempt maximum no of questions with very high accuracy. try reaching 80 to 90 percent
accuracy. And attempt 70 % questions.
And about tricks i would tell you that there are no tricks as such and especially when you have less than one minute per question... you need to learn tables squares etc for maths a little of vedic maths would help you but please don't go too deep.
besides read thoroughly for english and GK.
Practice as much as you can as it will help you in getting accuracy and speed.
In fact with practice you can gain a level when just lucking at questions will get you right answer/

11th February 2011, 09:28 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
there is negative marking in the cds exam and hence no need of attempting all the questions ,
you have to score well above 60% to make sure your selection is confirmed,
the better and harder you practice the easier for you to score more marks in the cds exam,
as for as the general studies section is concerned its all your preparation and how much time you have given to the newspapers

11th February 2011, 08:37 PM
ROOPA SAMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibek gupta View Post
Is it necessary to attempt all the question of English,G.K and Maths of CDS to get a good percentage?
Is there any criteria/trics/tactics that Only this much question(correct) is enough to attend.
like in Mba Entrance like CAT/MAT there are trics to get a good percentile,s something like that is in CDS exam?
Please tell me.
hi........
this is very obvios that to get good percentile one should attempt maximum question correctly....
no there is no such criteria.

12th February 2011, 02:47 AM
akki89

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibek gupta View Post
Please tell me.
Dear friend,

It is not at all necessary to attempt all questions in any
examination. So, CDS is not any any exception to other
exams.

The main thing to score high marks in any exam is to answer
questions very precisely and correctly. Also regarding tricks,
I suggest you to solve questions and have your basic concepts
crystal clear. Try to have a command over basic mathematical
calculations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and
division.

Regarding english and general knowledge part, you must have
knowledge about the current affairs and other things.
So, read the newspapers daily and also some books for general
knowledge will help you prepare well.

Thank you and best wishes...

18th February 2011, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

Friends, I gave the CDS exam on the 13th Feb. Frankly, I found it to be way too easy (compared to previous CDS exams.)
I attempted 115 in ENG, 75 in GK and 80 in Maths.
I am dreadfully weak in GK and even I found it to be easy.
So my guess is that the cutoff is gonna be very hich this time.
give your comments

22nd February 2011, 04:09 AM
Unregistered

sir, can a Bsc.IT student (distance education) can apply

12th April 2011, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE MINIMUM PERCENTAGE IS REQUIRED FOR CALL OF SSB IN CDS FOR OTA.IS IT MANDATORY TO SCORE PASSING MARKS INDIVIDUALLY IN BOTH SUBJECTS i.e.ENGLISH AND G.K..ACTUALLY MY GK IS WEAK BUT ENGLISH IS STRONG AS COMPARED TO GK.PLEASE SUGGEST.AND MAIL ME ON [email protected]

16th April 2011, 12:14 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

CDS [Combined Defense Services] examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment to different branches of Indian Military. It is not compulsory to attempt all the questions. But more questions you attempt, more are the marks you get. The only trick to score well in the exam is to have a good grip of General English, Develop ability to solve mathematical problems faster by ample practice and be up to date with General Studies including Current Affairs.

13th May 2011, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i'm b tech 6 sem student, can i apply for cds 2 2011?????

21st May 2011, 06:35 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

It is not at all necessary to attempt all questions in any
examination. So, CDS is not any any exception to other
exams.

The main thing to score high marks in any exam is to answer
questions very precisely and correctly. Also regarding tricks,
I suggest you to solve questions and have your basic concepts
crystal clear. Try to have a command over basic mathematical
calculations like addition, subtraction, multiplication and
division.

Regarding english and general knowledge part, you must have
knowledge about the current affairs and other things.
So, read the newspapers daily and also some books for general
knowledge will help you prepare well.

29th July 2012, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir what is the minimum marks for ssb

30th July 2012, 06:05 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

Attempting all questions is not necessary, what matters most is that you attempt maximum no of questions with very high accuracy. try reaching 80 to 90 percent
accuracy. And attempt 70 % questions.
And about tricks i would tell you that there are no tricks as such and especially when you have less than one minute per question... you need to learn tables squares etc for maths a little of vedic maths would help you but please don't go too deep.
besides read thoroughly for English and GK.
Practice as much as you can as it will help you in getting accuracy and speed.

22nd August 2013, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to pass every individual paper of CDS?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?