17th December 2011, 10:01 PM
Priyasangita

Is it necessary to sit for CPT exam even after completing B.Com?

I have completed B Com, I am planning to do CA. I wanted to know even after completing B Com is it necessary to do CPT Exam

18th December 2011, 09:04 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Is it necessary to sit for CPT exam even after completing B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priyasangita View Post
I have completed B Com, I am planning to do CA. I wanted to know even after completing B Com is it necessary to do CPT Exam
Is it necessary to sit for CPT exam even after completing B.Com?

Unlike previously adopted practice where the B.Com or Above qualification gives an option of directly Writing the Second Level i.e., CA-PCC (Then it was CA-Inter) the New Format makes it Compulsory for everyone irrespective of their higher Qualifications to write CPT Exam but New format is still not approved by the government .

According to old rule a B.Com students can skip one part of CPT exam and can appear directly in IPCC exam.For a B.Com student it is necessary to get at least 55%.Admissions are open throughout the year so you can take admission at any time.

This time the CPT is conducted on 18th December 2011.

For more information read the Notification which is under approval by government.Click Here to read the Notification

With Regards
ravik1214

18th December 2011, 09:23 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to sit for CPT exam even after completing B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priyasangita View Post

Dear friend,

Yes ,This is necessary for CA course you be cleared CPT exam.

Those candidate who have passed Common Proficiency Test and Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examination body constituted by law in India
or
an examination recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto and passed CPT may join the Professional Competence Course.

These exams are conducted twice every year generally on the first Sunday of the months of June and December.

There is no restriction on the number of attempts a student can make at the CA CPT examination.

CA CPT Syllabus 2012:-

No. of papers:- One

Duration:- Four years

Marks:- 200

Two Sections - Two hours - 100 Marks

Section A:- Fundamentals of Accounting ( 60 Marks )
Section B: Mercantile Law ( 40 Marks )
Section C: General Economics ( 50 Marks )
Section D: Quantitative Aptitude ( 50 Marks )

EXAM DATE:-

June Examination:-

June 6th, 2010; June 5th, 2011; June 3rd, 2012.

December Examination:-

December 5th, 2010; December 4th, 2011; December 2nd, 2012

Thanks

18th December 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

Default got 67% marks in b.com. do i need to give cpt

I have completed B Com and gpt 67% marks. I am planning to do CA. I wanted to know that it is necessary for me to give cpt exam.

6th February 2012, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

R.Bhavane....
Dear sir,
I have completed BCA, can i directly join CA(Ipcc) level. I'm confused. When will the govt announce the acceptance...

17th February 2012, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

i have complited b.com and got 48% marks. Can i do CA??

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?