20th June 2018, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

Can I study BSc(Biotechnology) if haven't studied Maths in 12th?

Hi Sir, I have completed my 12th with Science stream. I am interested to study BSc(Biotechnology) course now. So, I would like to know that as I didn't study Maths in my 12th standard, so I can be eligible to study Biotechnology in my BSc?

Related Questions:
23rd June 2018, 07:55 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BSc(Biotechnology) if haven't studied Maths in 12th?

Yes, candidates passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible to appear in entrance examination to get admission in B.Sc Biotechnology course.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination. There is no required criteria to have Mathematics as main paper in 12th.
23rd June 2018, 11:48 PM
xJhinukx

The eligibility criteria for pursuing Bsc in biotechnology degree is qualifying 10+2 or equivalent examination with 3 any out of physics, chemistry, biology, maths or computer science with a minimum of 50%. So I believe you're eligible to pursue honours in biotechnology even if you did not have mathematics at ten plus two level under most of the universities.
24th June 2018, 12:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The required eligibility to get admission in Biotechnology course is that candidate must have passed 12th in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology or Mathematics as main paper.

So, if you haven't passed 12th in Mathematics but have Biology as main paper then you are eligible to appear in entrance examination to get admission in the course.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?