27th May 2012, 07:29 PM
aman lodha

Is it necessary to take science to be an Architect?

is it necessary to take science to be an architect?.......what should i take further in science?

3rd June 2012, 03:00 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to take science to be an Architect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman lodha View Post
is it necessary to take science to be an architect?.......what should i take further in science?
In order to become an Architect, one must hold a degree in Architecture awarded by university recognized by the Council of Architecture. There are many institutes which offers bachelors degree program in Architecture and before considering students for admissions, these institutes conducts entrance examination.However, most of the institutes considers students for admission who have qualified either of the following examination:

All India Engineering Entrance Examination
National Aptitude Test in Architecture
State Level Common Entrance Test

To be eligible for these tests, one must have passed +2 level of examination with mathematics as one of the major subjects and must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.

For further information, refer to the institute you would like to pursue the course from. Some of the well known universities offering Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) are:
  • Anna University
  • Punjab Technical University
  • University of Mumbai
  • University of Pune
16th May 2013, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to take science to become an Architect
29th June 2013, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it necessary to take science to become an Architect
If you are referring to what you need to take in the 12th in order to be eligible to apply for an Architecture course, then the answer is no. You need to have Mathematics though. Not necessary to have Physics, Chemistry and Bio. Even where Maths is concerned, there is some talk that they also accept Business Maths (like the kind that some Commerce students study in 12th). But I am not sure about the Business Maths thing - you had better check in the brochures of the various colleges that offer Architecture courses.
Architecture is a combination of Art and Science yes, but not every college asks for Science background - but they need Mathematics. It is also not a general thing since each college has itw own rules - so best check the brochures. All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?