8th June 2012, 07:20 PM
vaidehideshpande

Paper format for IES electrical exam? Syllabus of prelims and mains? Books for the same?

SUBJECT: UPSC [ IES ELECTRICAL]

please tell me the actual paper format for IES Electrical exams, its syllabus of preliums and mains and refference books.

9th June 2012, 10:43 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Paper format for IES electrical exam? Syllabus of prelims and mains? Books for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaidehideshpande View Post

please tell me the actual paper format for IES Electrical exams, its syllabus of preliums and mains and refference books.
IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year . This year IES Notification was already released and details are available in the official website.

IES Exam dates :-
  • Date of Notification :- 10.03.12
  • Last date for receipt of application :- 09.04.12
  • Date of examination :- 15.06.12

The last date for receipt of application was already closed and you can't apply for this examination . If you are not fill the examination .

IES Examination is conducted for recruitment of Civil Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Electrical Engineering , Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering to fill the post 560 Including 47 PH vacancies .

Eligibility Criteria :-

Candidate should have passed engineering degree of a recognized University or equivalent qualification and No percentage bar required for IES examination . Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also eligible to apply .

Candidate age should be between 21 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination and Upper age limits is applicable for reserved categories .

Syllabus of this exam :- General ability , Objective Paper and Conventional Papers .

Selection Procedure :- Written exam followed by Personal Interview .

IES Electrical Pattern :-

IES Electrical Syllabus :-

Paper - I :-
  • EM Theory
  • Electrical Materials
  • Electrical Circuits
  • Measurements & Insurementation
  • Control Systems

Paper - II :-
  • Electrical Machines and Power Transformers
  • Power Systems
  • Analog and Digital Electronics and Circuits
  • Microprocessors
  • Communication Systems
  • Power Electronics

Books for IES Exam :-

UPSC IES Engineering Services Examination Electrical Engineering
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
Price: Rs. 595

Introduction: IES Electrical Engineering
by Trump, Gates, Prashant Kumar Bharti
Publisher: Arihant Publications
Price: Rs. 275

Ies Electrical Engineering Objective
by Trump, Gates
Publisher: Arihant Books
Price: Rs. 125

Guide For IES Engineering Services Examination: Electrical Engineering
by Deepak Gupta
Publisher: G. K. Publishers Pvt. Ltd.
Price : Rs. 446
Official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
9th June 2012, 02:01 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Paper format for IES electrical exam? Syllabus of prelims and mains? Books for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaidehideshpande View Post

The examination consists of 2 main parts

Part 1 consists of written paper. THis written paper has 2 sections section 1 consists of 3 objective papers and section 2 consists of 3 conventional paper.

Out of 3 objective papers There will be a General ability test consisting of general studies and general English . the duration of the general ability test will be 2 hours and it will be of 200 marks
Then there will be 2 more objective of electrical engineering 1 and 2 each having its own syllabus. Each paper will be of 200 marks and 2 hours of time will be allotted for each paper

Then there will be 2 conventional papers of electrical engineering 1 and 2. Each paper will be of 200 marks and 3 hours of time will be allotted for each paper.

The total written examination weightage is 1000 marks

The second part consists personality Test. Those candidates who qualify the written examination are called for it. It is of 200 marks.

The syllabus for the electrical engineering paper 1 is EM Theory, Electrical Materials, Electrical Circuits, Measurements and Instrumentation and control system
The syllabus for the electrical engineering paper 2 Electrical Machines and Power Transformers, Power systems, analog and digital electronics circuits, microprocessors , communication system and power electronics

The detailed syllabus with all the topics under these is given in the attachments.
24th June 2012, 02:40 PM
sumit911

Hello Friend,

You can find the syllabus of IES for Electrical from this link:
http://www.engineersinstitute.com/IE...ngineering.php

The question pattern of Exam is as follows:

23rd September 2012, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam, can you tell me the waitage of each topics in IES(electrical engineering) in objective as well as in conventional papers?
7th October 2012, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

In IES exam is ony electronic electrical engineering(eee) is present?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?