1st September 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in CSE?

I am a student of 3rd b.tech cse n i want to know how to prepare for civils mainly IPS. what are best books to be followed n how can i gain knowledge regarding civils. plz give details

Related Questions:
  1. Which subjects should I choose for Civils pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in CSE?
  2. How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BDS?
  3. How to prepare for Civil IAS after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  4. How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  5. Is it right time for me to start preparation for Civils being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech course?
  6. Which Optional subjects should I choose for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech? Books and Magazines to prepare for this Exam?
  7. Required qualification and syllabus to appear for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  8. Which Books to refer for JTO Exam being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  9. How to start preparation for Civils Exam being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech?
  10. How should I prepare for civils? I am pursuing B.Tech 4th year in electrical and electronics engineering
  11. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate of B.Tech in CSE pursuing 2nd year?
  12. Which course is better for me between MBA and M.Tech being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of CSE?
  13. How may I get details about civil service examinations? What's the eligibility criteria?How may I get syllabus for the same?
  14. How to go for higher studies after pursuing B.Tech CSE final year -- [New]
  15. How to prepare for Campus Interviews being a candidate of 3rd year CSE?
  16. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  17. List of government jobs in Andhra Pradesh after completing B.Tech 3rd year CSE? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to become a Pilot after pursuing B.Tech 3rd year CSE branch
1st September 2011, 04:44 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in CSE?

dear friend ,

as you have mentioned that you are the student of the 3rd year b.tech.
and you wanted to prepare for the civil service exams .

civil service exam for the ips is consist of the three important steps
1) preliminary exam
2) main exam
3) interview

according to the overall score in the all three categories of the exam your final rank is determined.
while in the 3rd year of b.tech you can gain your knowledge by reading the books of the current affairs and the general knowledge .
for the rough idea of the questions which are asked in the previous year exams you can download the papers from the official website of the upsc that is www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
4th October 2011, 12:32 PM
kbasha

Thumbs down Re: How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in CSE?

It is very difficult
by hard work you can pariticipate in civils
24th November 2011, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for Civils being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in CSE?

i wanted to know that where do i get cd's and books for preparing civils exams.Also i would like to know about best coaching institutions in India(preferable in Hyderabad)
24th November 2011, 06:48 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

You want to serve the nation which is really appreciable....
As, you are a CS engineering student, of 3 years, you must have to complete your graduation , for being eligible for this CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.

The civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC] every years.

For appear in this exam, the minimum educational qualification needed ,a graduation degree from a recognized college in any stream.

This civil service examination has three stages to clear in the way of an IPS [INDIAN POLICE SERVICE].
1.CSAT [CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years, there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for the SC\ST & OBC candidates..

The examination pattern of CSAT is -

So, you must have to brush up your general knowledge & current affairs..

No. of attempts-
For for the GENERAL candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates...

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
17th December 2011, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

iam oc candidate how much marks is enough to get good job
16th February 2012, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

why do they give that much weightage for the english?????? is that important for the fellow whishing to do something for the society????????
11th March 2012, 01:55 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

you can gain your knowledge by reading the books of the current affairs and the general knowledge .
for the rough idea of the questions which are asked in the previous year exams you can download the papers from the official website of the upsc that is www.upsc.gov.in
The civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC] every years.For appear in this exam, the minimum educational qualification needed ,a graduation degree from a recognized college in any stream.This civil service examination has three stages to clear in the way of an IPS [INDIAN POLICE SERVICE].
1.CSAT [CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW
7th October 2012, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am the student doing 3rd yr mbbs, I had an aim to become an IAS officer, so can you guide me or tell how to prepare or when to start my prepartion from now onwards pleaseeee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?