12th July 2011, 06:47 PM
priyanka2011d

Which stream has maximum number of seats in IES either electrical or electronics? Which stream should I opt for the IES exam? I am IT graduate

please tell me which stream has maximum number of seats in ies? electrical or electronics?
As I am a student of I.T. which stream ou of these should I opt for?

27th May 2015, 01:35 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream has maximum number of seats in IES either electrical or electronics? Which stream should I opt for the IES exam? I am IT graduate

First of all let us talk about the exam and eligibility and then we will continue with your doubt. See, for IES, you need to clear the exam conducted by the UPSC i.e. the Union Public Service Commission.
For becoming eligible, the conditions are-

1. Minimum 21 years as on January 1st of the year in which the exam is conducted.
2. Degree in Engineering from the recognized university.

According to me, you should join coaching because there you will get a guided approach to proceed. You can join different coaching like
- Made easy
- Ace Academy etc.

Made easy has earned its name for quality coaching in ES.

Now, coming to the fact that in which stream you should give IES. IES has only 4 trades-
- Electrical
- Mechanical
- Civil
- Electronics

Being an IT person, i would recommend you to choose ECE field because the other 3 are totally different and even if you chose any of those, you won't be able to handle them.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?