28th October 2011, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required for MBA? I am an engineering student from Pune

i am doing engineering from pune. how much percentage is required for mba .this percentage should be agrigrade of all year or it should be only final year of graduation.

Related Questions:
  1. Which entrance exam is required for MBA in finance from Pune University
  2. Percentage required in 10th, 12th and graduation for MBA in Pune from Pune university?
  3. How much percentage is required in diploma Mechanical 3rd year for admission in government engineering college, Pune?
  4. Minimum percentage required for MBA? University names for correspondence MBA?
  5. List of engineering colleges in Pune Gradewise? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is there any percentage required in B.Tech for doing MBA?
  7. What percentage in graduation is required for doing MBA in nit durgapur?
  8. List of Marine engineering colleges in Pune for Diploma in Mechanical engineering student? -- [New]
  9. Percentage required in B.Tech to study MBA in Canada?
  10. Procedure to get admission for MCA from MIT Pune being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Sc? Minimum percentage required in UG for this?
  11. How much percentage is required for getting placement in MBA?
  12. Can we do engineering and MBA simultaneously? How many years required to complete the degree?
  13. How to do MBA in Pune and Hyderabad after passing mechanical engineering
  14. How much percentage is required to enter in the science stream college in Pune?
  15. Fee structure and percentage required to pursue B.Ed from Pune University? What is the tenure for B.Ed from Pune University(Correspondence)
  16. Way to get admission in Marine engineering? Percentage required in Diploma?
  17. How much percentage is required in graduation for MBA?
  18. List of polytechnics in Mumbai and Pune offering Diploma in Civil Engineering? Percentage required to get admission?
18th February 2012, 06:27 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required for MBA? I am an engineering student from Pune

As an engineering student, you can definitely apply for the MBA program. The candidates can apply for the MBA course only after successfully completing the graduation course or during the final year. The candidates should secure 50% aggregate marks in the graduation. The mode of selection is through a written exam. You can attend the CAT or MAT exam as part of this. Based on your score in the exam, you will be called for the GD and personal interview.
22nd February 2012, 08:49 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am doing engineering from pune. how much percentage is required for mba .this percentage should be agrigrade of all year or it should be only final year of graduation.
HI!
You are eligible for M.B.A after passing of B.Tech course..
For M.B.A you have to score minimum 50% marks in B.Tech course

For admission in I.I.M you have to qualify C.A.T exam..
C.A.T is Common Admission Test..

C.A.T exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad..

GOOD LUCK!
29th August 2013, 10:14 AM
Unregistered

i have completed Bsc(comp science) with 48%. I am in open catagory and i wanted to do MBA ; But as per criteria i m not eligible ...plz suggest
30th August 2013, 12:33 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
i have completed Bsc(comp science) with 48%. I am in open catagory and i wanted to do MBA ; But as per criteria i m not eligible ...plz suggest
YES you can do MBA after completing your Graduation

MBA course selection procedure involves:
>> Written Test
>> Group Discussion
>> Interviews

You need to appear in the Below MBA written tests first:

MAT- Minimum Eligibilty to apply is Graduation pass.This test is conducted by AIMA.

XAT- Minimum Eligibilty is Graduation pass

Now in the above MBA written tests you need to score between 90 to 98 percentile to get calls from Good MBA colleges for the next round that is GD and PI

XAT 2014 Dates:
XAT Registration- 12th August to 22nd November 2013
XAT exams- 5th January 2014
XAT admit card can be downloaded from 18th to 31st Dec 2013

Fees for XAT - Rs 950 (For General candidates)
Rs 650 (for SC/ST)
30th August 2013, 08:30 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Master of Business Administration is 2 years long post graduation course. The basic requirement for this course is graduation degree. Since you are B.tech student, it also makes you eligible but upon completing the course. There are plenty of specializations in which you can complete MBA course.

Economics

Finance

Human Resources

Marketing

Banking

Tourism

Healthcare

Retail Management

IT

There are several entrance exams for the Master of Business Administration. You can apply for the exam depending on how much marks you have scored in graduation. While the qualification criteria is same for all these exams. The marks criteria is different for each of them.

To answer your question, your average marks in all the 4 years combined should meet the requirement to appear for entrance exam. It can not be only the final year marks. Depending of the marks you can decide to appear for any of these entrance exams.

CAT

MAT

GMAT

XAT

JMET

KMAT

RMAT

IIFT

SNAP

TANCET

Generally MBA aspirants prefer to appear for CAT or the Common Admission Test. This is largely due to the fact that CAT score is accepted by the Indian Institutes of Management, the most prestigious MBA colleges in the country.

You should have 50 percent marks in graduation to appear for CAT. SC/ST should have 45 percent marks.

GMAT is the exam generally considered by students who want admission abroad. There are various colleges across the world that accepts GMAT score. While Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is generally considered by candidates who secured low marks in graduation.

Since there is no marks criteria for MAT, anyone with graduation degree can appear for it.
31st August 2013, 01:04 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..........

MBA Stands Master of Business Administrative

Eligibility :

Candidates must be complete Graduation with min of 50% aggregate from a recognized University

There is no upper age limit

Many no of colleges offering MBA course

Before join in MBA course , qualify in the MBA entrance examination

following are the some of MBA entrance examinations

CAT

MAT

XAT

JEE

ICET

SNAP

different specializations in MBA course :

Marketing

Leadership

Media

Fiance

Hospitality

Tourism

List of Best MBA Colleges :

Faculty of Management Studies , University of Delhi

Xavier Labor Research Institute

Xavier Institute of Management

Symbiosis Institute of Business Management

S.P Jain Institute of Management Studies

Loyola institute of Business Administration

Indian School of Business

Institute of Rural Management

Indian Institute of Foreign Trade

All the best...........
31st August 2013, 06:42 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is a good idea that you want to do MBA course after completion of your Engineering course. This will definitely benefit you in getting job.

Companies are giving more preference to recruit the candidates who have completed Engineering and then MBA because these people will be strong enough in managerial things and in core subject also.

MBA is having good demand in these days. There is good career scope and job opportunities for the candidates after completion of MBA course.

MBA is a management related post graduation course being offered by number of colleges in India.

Here is the eligibility criteria required for the candidates to join MBA course.

One should have completed Graduation in any of the stream from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% of marks.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC or ST category.

So, it is mandatory that you should score minimum 50% of marks in your Engineering course.

And this percentage should be aggregate percentage of all the years of your Engineering course and its not your final year percentage.

You can join MBA course at any age.

Top Entrance Exams that give admission for MBA course will be
CAT
MAT
GMAT
XAT etc.

Along with these Entrance Exams, you will be having state level Entrance Exams like
ICET
TANCET etc.

You can choose the one as per your interest and have good preparation for the same.

You did not mention the stream that you have gone through in your Engineering course.

However, some of the best specializations that you can opt for Engineering course are
MBA in Operations Management
MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
MBA in Retail Management
MBA in Information Technology
MBA in Systems Management
MBA in Human Resource Management

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it and try to get admission for MBA course in a top college.

Wish you all the best.
31st August 2013, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

i am ece student.i have secured 3rd year and 4th year percentage is 68%,but overall i.e 1st year upto 4th year average percent is 59%..plz tell me now am i eligible for m.tect from nit's or iit's.?
1st September 2013, 12:11 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
dear aspirant

as you want ot go for mba after completion or your engineering, it is a good idea to go for mba after engineering, because engineering+mba is a very much acceptable stream,

companies provide preference to such students with background of engineering with mba,

MBA is post graduation degree of duration 2 years
for mba you need to clear

cat,

mat

gmat,

xat

atma

eligibility criteria for cat :

must have completed graduation degree from a recognised college

must have minimum 50% in graduation

5% relaxation for sc/st students

final year students are also applicable for it

so it will be mandatory for you to obtain minimum 50% in engineering to apply for cat and get best b-schools and iim's.

there is no marks criteria for other entrance exam other than cat

good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?