26th February 2016, 03:55 PM
sairaj kakade

Percentage required for open cast to take admission in IIT after Diploma in mechanical engineering?

Please tell me that what IS THE COMPULSION OF PERCENTAGE FOR OPEN CAST TO TAKE ADMISSION IN IIT AFTER DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

Related Questions:
  1. Percentage required to get direct admission in second year of Mechanical engineering?
  2. How much percentage is required in diploma for open category to take admission in VIT in Mechanical Engineering
  3. Admission in Marine engineering after Diploma in Mechanical? Percentage required?
  4. Way to get admission in Marine engineering? Percentage required in Diploma?
  5. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  6. Can I get admission to study B.Tech(Marine Engineering) after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Percentage required to get admission?
  7. How much percentage is required in Diploma to get admission in IIT?
  8. Percentage required to join any college after studying diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  9. How to do further studies in US after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Percentage required for this?
  10. How much percentage is required in diploma in mechanical engineering to get admission in top engineering colleges in India
  11. Can I get admission in IIT after completing my Diploma Mechanical Engineering in A.Y.Dadabhai college?
  12. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  13. Admission procedure to study B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) in IIT for a Diploma holder?
  14. Percentage required in Diploma to get direct admission in 2nd year at K.K. Wagh College of Engineering?
  15. Can I get admission to IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. Can diploma student get admission in IIT colleges? Which exams need to be appear and the percentage necessary in diploma?
  17. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completing 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
26th February 2016, 10:00 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required for open cast to take admission in IIT after Diploma in mechanical engineering?

No, diploma passed candidates are not eligible to appear for JEE entrance examination.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance examination and it is conducted by CBSE and IIT for admission in IIT and other government and private colleges.

So, you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination and hence not eligible to get admission in IIT. Candidates passed 10+2 with PCM are eligible to appear for entrance examination.
27th February 2016, 07:37 AM
Jitu369

Default Re: Percentage required for open cast to take admission in IIT after Diploma in mechanical engineering?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology.

IITs conduct a Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) every year to select candidates for the 4-year B.Tech, B.Pharm, 5-year B.Arch, Integrated M.Sc. and M.Tech courses.

Admission for B.Tech in IIT is not easy. Admission in IIT is base on marks scored in JEE. One who want to get admitted in IIT for B.Tech needs to clear JEE Mains & JEE Advance entrance examination which are very difficult.

But only candidates who have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with PCM are eligible for JEE.

So, as a diploma student you are not eligible for JEE because diploma is not equivalent to 10+2 & IIT doesn't offers lateral entry admissions.
It means you will not get admission in IIT after diploma.

You can join B.Tech in another universities through the LEET entrance examination by lateral entry scheme.
27th February 2016, 02:39 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairaj kakade View Post
Please tell me that what IS THE COMPULSION OF PERCENTAGE FOR OPEN CAST TO TAKE ADMISSION IN IIT AFTER DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Diploma Holder candidates cannot take admission in IITs as per the eligibility rules of IIT entrance exam.

JEE Advanced Exam is conducted for admission to IITs.

And for appearing in this exam, one should qualify JEE Main Exam first.

You must be 10+2 passed with PCM stream to appear for JEE Main Exam.

As you have passed Diploma course, so you cannot apply for JEE Main Exam followed by JEE Advanced Exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?