21st October 2011, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

Which PG course is best after completing mechanical engineering degree? What are the possible options of joining B schools?

I need to know which PG course is best after Mechanical Engg with 5yrs work experience in Manufacturing industry -- MBA(in which discipline?) or ME/Mtech(in which discipline?)
I am ok to go in technical or management field.
I am confused which exams to take -- CAT or GATE ?
Also need to know abroad education is best or education in INDIA ?
If i take CAT then to get into top b-schools is not a cake walk -- as my academics are low -- hope its not possible to aim for b-schools -- what are possible options ?
Same is the case if i take GATE.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do M.Arch course after Mechanical Engineering degree? -- [New]
  2. How to do masters degree in mechanical engineering after completing B.Tech Mechanical
  3. What should i do after completion of intermediate with MPC stream
  4. What are the options available for me after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 54%?
  5. Can I appear for IES entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria? I am a B.Tech IT student
  6. Merchant Navy for 3rd year B.Tech student? How to apply?
  7. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  8. After completing B.E degree from mechanical engineering which department should I consider as a fresher for job?
  9. Higher studies options after mechanical engineering btech? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How to join marine engineering 1 year course after completing my degree in Mechanical Engineering? What is the procedure?
  11. Which universities are suitable for me after completing B.E in mechanical engineering? What are the career options for me after completion of MS
  12. Options available after completing Automobile Engineering?
  13. What are the career options after Mechanical engineering? I am studying in 4th year Mechanical
  14. What is the joining procedure in Army? I am pursuing engineering in Mechanical
  15. Can I do MA in Automotive Engineering from Germany after B.Tech in Production & Industrial engineering?
  16. Am I eligible for PSU after completing mechanical engineering degree with 71%
  17. Am I eligible to do any masters degree after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  18. How to do cosmetic surgery course in USA? What is the total fee of the said course? How to get the scholarship?
22nd July 2016, 03:08 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which PG course is best after completing mechanical engineering degree? What are the possible options of joining B schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I need to know which PG course is best after Mechanical Engg with 5yrs work experience in Manufacturing industry -- MBA(in which discipline?) or ME/Mtech(in which discipline?)
I am ok to go in technical or management field.
I am confused which exams to take -- CAT or GATE ?
Also need to know abroad education is best or education in INDIA ?
If i take CAT then to get into top b-schools is not a cake walk -- as my academics are low -- hope its not possible to aim for b-schools -- what are possible options ?
Same is the case if i take GATE.

Looking forward to hearing from you
I think for you MBA will be a better option. MBA gives you the platform to test your capabilities and groom yourself as a professional. In MBA, one learns the desired skill set that he or she wishes to master and uses them to build their career, could be related to Marketing, Finance, HR, or a little bit of everything.

MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration. It is a post graduate degree. The duration of this course is two years. In Europe however the duration of the course is only one year. To do this course you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university. You need to have 50% or more to sit for the top MBA entrance exams.

Top MBA Exams:-
  • Common Admission Test (CAT)
  • Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
  • Xavier Admission Test (XAT)
  • NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT)
  • SNAP – Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
  • FMS Entrance Test – Faculty of Management Studies Entrance Test
  • IBSAT – ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test
List of Top MBA Colleges in India:-
  • Narsee Monjee Inst. of Mgmt. (Mumbai)
  • MDI (Gurgaon)
  • IIM-K (Kozhikode)
  • S.P. Jain Inst. of Mgmt. (Mumbai)
  • Jamnalal Bajaj Inst. of Mgmt. (Mumbai)
  • Department of Management Studies (IIT Roorkee)
  • Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
  • Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune
  • National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), Mumbai
  • ICFAI Business School (IBS Hyderabad)
  • Xavier Institute of Management , Bhubaneswar (XIM-B)
  • Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (IIT Bombay)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?