13th January 2013, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for IES entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria? I am a B.Tech IT student

i am a B.TECH (IT) student .i want to know that can i appear in the examination???
what are the eligibility criteria??

11th February 2013, 01:22 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IES entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria? I am a B.Tech IT student

You can appear for the exam after completing B.Tech degree. Final year students can also apply for the test, provided they must submit necessary documents at the time of joining. Engineering degree from any of the recognized University is the basic qualification required. You can attend the exam in any of the following streams.
  • Electronics & Communication Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
You must be in the age group of 21 to 30 years.
12th February 2013, 08:56 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for IES entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria? I am a B.Tech IT student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a B.TECH (IT) student .i want to know that can i appear in the examination???

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

Those candidate have completed engineering degree with below given department are applicable for IES exam-

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject is also acceptable for certain posts.

As per your academic Qualification you are not applicable for IES exam because you are in B-Tech in IT background .

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

Pattern for IES Exam:-

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
12th February 2013, 02:20 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IES is Indian Engineering Services.

Sorry to say that you cannot appear for IES entrance examination.

The IES examination is conducted once every year by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

The eligibility criteria required for the IES examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of engineering degree in anyone of the following disciplines:-
1. Mechanical Engineering.
2. Civil Engineering.
3. Electronics and Communication Engineering.
4. Electrical Engineering.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
12th February 2013, 03:25 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI!

INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICES

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.E.S exam after passing B.Tech with Information Technology Stream.

I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

The student who pass B.Tech with any one stream mention below he/she is eligible for I.E.S exam:-
• Civil Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Electrical Engineering
• Electronics Engineering

After passing B.Tech you can apply for many govt. job like:-
> I.A.S
> I.P.S
> Indian Railways
> ARMY
> NAVY
> AIR FORCE
> D.R.D.O
> I.S.R.O
> B.S.N.L
> O.N.G.C
etc

GOOD LUCK!
12th February 2013, 07:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Yes ,you are 100 % eligible for Indian engineering services examinations as the minimum educational qualifications required is bachelor of technology /engineering in any discipline from arecognized university.

Even final year b.tech candidates can also apply for the examinations.

But there is one important thing that for information technology students ,you have to select your subjects from the four core branches of engineering only that are:

1.Mechanical engineering

2.Electrical engineering

3.ELectronics and telecommunication engineering

4.Civil engineering

The age limit is 21-30 years with upper age relaxed for reserved categories.

The no of attempts for General is 4,obc is seven and for sc/st no limit.

Examination pattern:

For any other details regarding this examination ,please visit www.upsc.gov.in

all the best

aashisranjan784
12th February 2013, 08:58 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Hello friend you can't be eligible for IES exam it is conducted by UPSC board only for
1. Mechanical engineering
2. Electrical engineering
3. Electronics engineering
4. Civil engineering

IES Eligibility Criteria

1. Age limits: 21-30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination.
2. Educational Qualifications: A degree in Engineering from a recognized university
or equivalent.
3. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with
i. Wireless Communications
ii. Electronics
iii. Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.
4. Candidates appearing at their engineering degree or equivalent examination are also eligible to compete.

all the best...........
14th February 2013, 08:45 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,

The IES Exam is conducted by UPSC and is held every year and this exam is conducted for candidate to join in Indian Engineering Organization.

As you have mentioned that you are a B.Tech IT Student you are not eligible for writing the IES Exam

The reason behind is that you are not satisfying the needed education qualification as the candidate who has completed his/her degree in B.E/B.Tech in
  • Civil Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Electronics Engineering

is only eligible.

But as you have not completed your degree in these departments you are ineligible for applying for the IES Exam

For more info regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?