6th August 2016, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Is PhD Microbiology better or Biotechnology?

I want to do my PhD after completing the M.Sc, but i really wanna know that is PhD Microbiology better or Biotechnology for the future career???

Related Questions:
  1. Is PhD Microbiology better or Biotechnology?
  2. Possibility to persue M.Sc microbiology plus Phd in environmental microbiology or microbiology after B.Tech Biotechnology and gained experience as an RA in Solid waste management
  3. What is the eligibility criteria followed for doing PhD in BioTechnology after BDS and BSc Microbiology?
  4. What is the salary for MSc Microbiology or Ph.D Microbiology? What are the different career options after MSc or Ph.D in Microbiology?
  5. Top 10 colleges which offer PhD in Biotechnology in India? Procedure to get admission?
  6. Which is better to study among Biotechnology and Microbiology in M.Sc for B.Sc(Biotechnology) graduate?
  7. How many subjects are there in Biotech and which are they
  8. Which is better to study among Microbiology and Biotechnology in M.Sc for B.Sc(Microbiology) female candidate?
  9. Colleges for doing Integrated phd in microbiology or MSc medical microbiology along with Phd?
  10. Eligibility to study M.Sc(Industrial Microbiology) for Biotechnology graduate? -- [New]
  11. List of institutes offering PhD in Microbiology to UGC-NET qualifier? When to apply?
  12. Institutes offering Ph.D in Biotechnology in India through GATE?
  13. Scope MSc in microbiology? is biotechnology much better than microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Is there any difficulty to do PhD in Medical Microbiology being a General Microbiology postgraduate? Where can I study?
  15. Procedure and requirements to study PhD in Microbiology in Abroad?
  16. How can I apply for CSIR-UGC-NET to study PhD in Biotechnology if secured 80% in M.Sc?
  17. Part time PhD Marine Microbiology offering colleges in India?
  18. Which is better to study among Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Immunology in PhD?
6th August 2016, 07:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is PhD Microbiology better or Biotechnology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do my PhD after completing the M.Sc, but i really wanna know that is PhD Microbiology better or Biotechnology for the future career???
After completion of M.Sc degree, you can apply for Ph.D course in Microbiology or Biotechnology. Both are good for research.

But your masters degree marks must be above 55%.

You must have valid CSIR NET score card.
6th August 2016, 10:09 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is PhD Microbiology better or Biotechnology?

Personally ,I would like to suggest you to opt for PhD course in which you are more interested whether Biotechnology or Microbiology because interested subject leads to more job opportunities because in that subject you are able to gain more knowledge and score good marks.
And still if you are not able to distinguish between these two PHD courses then you should go for PhD in microbiology as it has more opportunities PhD in biotechnology.

Job opportunities after PhD in Microbiology:

Clinical Microbiologist

Scientist

Publisher

Professor

Researcher
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?