31st March 2015, 04:36 PM
purnima shree

Possibility of doing MBBS after B.Tech. in Biotechnology

I completed my b.tech biotechnology.but i want to do mbbs.please tell me if there is any chances for doing mbbs after biotechnology. . .im M.P.C student in intermediate.

31st March 2015, 08:06 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Possibility of doing MBBS after B.Tech. in Biotechnology

Yes you are eligible for MBBS course after completing B.TECH in Bio Technology . Here are the eligibility for MBBS course , these are as follows :

Eligibility Criteria : The candidate who have passed 10+2 with PCB and English. with 60% from recognized board , however there is 5 % relaxation to SC/ST.

Age Limit : 17-25 years

For Doing MBBS course you need to sit for an entrance exam which is conducted by various institution . Here are the list of some exams that you can give :

> > Banaras Hindu University Pre medical Test

> > K- CET _Karnataka Common Entrance Test

> > UPCPMT- Uttar Pradesh Pre Medical Test

> > JIPMER : Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduation Medical Educational Research Test

> > EAMCET

> > AIIMS

It is essential for you to sit in any of the exam and clear the test and according to merits you will be getting colleges for MBBS course.
31st March 2015, 09:16 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

You can do MBBS after B.Tech biotech but it takes long time.

There are various entrance exam to do MBBS from a recognized university.

AIIMS , AFMC , AIPMT , JIPMER , UPCAT

For all the Entrance Examination,the candidate should have passed their 12th from a recognized Board Or Equivalent Examination with Physics,Chemistry and Biology.

The candidate should have a minimum 50-60% Marks In PCB(Physics,Chemistry and Biology).
31st March 2015, 09:44 PM
er.animesh6
Member+

Hi,

I am sorry to say but you are not do MBBS after finishing B.Tech in Biotechnology.

To do MBBS you have to finish 12th with Physics,Chemistry and Biology.

and age of the candidate must be witin 17 to 20 years.

To do MBBS you have to appear in either AIIMS or AIPMT.But you are not eligible for both as you have already finished your bachelor's degree in Biotechnology.

Also you age will be 21 years as you finished B.Tech.

I will suggest you to do M.Tech in Biotech and search job according to your qualification.

Good luck.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?