24th July 2018, 12:00 PM
Sruchitiwari

Possibility to appear in both NEET and CET for 12th Science candidate who has done 11th with Arts stream?

Hi everyone, I have done my 11th with Arts but completed my 12th with Science stream. I want to apply in both NEET and CET. So, am I eligible to apply for both entrance exams? Please help me to know about this asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to appear in NEET for 12th PCM candidate? -- [New]
  2. Is it possible to appear in NEET 2019 after taking arts stream?
  3. Possibility of repeating 11th with Arts stream through distance learning after getting failed in 11th with Maths stream?
  4. Possibility to study Law after completing 12th standard? Is it necessary to appear in CET? Percentage required in 12th for admission?
  5. Can I apply for NEET exam after completing 12th with Arts stream?
  6. Which stream should i select after scoring 6.4 CGPA in Class 11?
  7. How much is the percentage needed for CBSE students to get admission?
  8. Which subjects should I study to choose science stream on 11th class? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Whether AIPMT be taken over NEET? When its application will be released? Possibility to appear in both CET and AIPMT to get Medical admission throughout the country?
  10. Possibility to change stream in ISC Board for 12th standard?
  11. Possibility to study Science in Intermediate for a candidate with 43% in 10th Kerala Board?
  12. Is there any possibility to switch to Arts stream after failing in 12th last year from Commerce stream?
  13. Can i reppear in XII from other stream after a gap of nearly 3 years?
  14. Possibility to study BVSc in Karnataka through NEET or CET?
  15. Possibility to get admission in 12th Arts if failed in 11th Kerala Board exam?
  16. Did I do anything wrong by taking arts stream in my 11th 12th? What should I do after 12th?
  17. Can I get admission in class 12th as a private after failing one subject and should i change my stream from science to art
  18. What should I do after completing class 10th which has a good career scope?
26th July 2018, 07:42 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in both NEET and CET for 12th Science candidate who has done 11th with Arts stream?

The full form of NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

The eligibility criteria for NEET exam is:

You must have done 12th from a recognized board with science stream. In science stream, you must have studied PCB subjects.

Minimum of 50% marks in 12th exam is required.

You can apply for both NEET and CET after 12th with science stream.
27th July 2018, 01:24 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to appear in both NEET and CET for 12th Science candidate who has done 11th with Arts stream?

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. This entrance exam is conducted to get admission in any government and private medical college.

The eligibility criteria to appear for this examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCB as main paper with aggregate minimum 50% from a recognized board. Candidate age must be 17 to 25 years.

CET stands for Common Entrance Test. This exam is conducted for the purpose of admission of students of full-time course of Medical, Dental and Engineering curses in professional colleges the various stats of India.

The eligibility criteria for this examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCB/PCM as main paper with aggregate minimum 50% from a recognized board. Relaxation is available for reserved category.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for both entrance examination.

For more information, you can visit at www.neet.nic.in and www.cet.in
27th July 2018, 10:18 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test while CET refers to Common Entrance Test and both of these entrance examinations are held for offering admission in undergraduate medical, technical, and agricultural degree courses and therefore the minimum education required for appearing in these examinations is a higher secondary school degree in Science stream with PCB/PCM/PCMB/PCAgri. group.

So, being a student of Class 11th in Arts stream you are not eligible to appear in NEET or CET unless you change your stream from Arts stream to Science stream for your Class 12th.
27th July 2018, 02:42 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NEET and CET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and CET stands for Common Entrance Test.

Requirements for NEET exam:

Academic qualification: 12th from a recognized board with PCB subjects.

Minimum percentage of marks required is 50%.

You should be minimum of 17 years.

For admission in MBBS and BDS, you need to apply for NEET exam. For other courses, you can apply for CET.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?