14th September 2017, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to continue B.Tech civil engineering 3rd year in an open university after 4 years of gap?

I got admission in b.tech civil engineering. I continued my study till the 3rd year after that I discontinued. Now I want to go back get graduation. Is it possible to get admission in the 3rd year again from the open university after 4 years?

15th September 2017, 05:00 AM
manjira...

Default Re: Is it possible to continue B.Tech civil engineering 3rd year in an open university after 4 years of gap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got admission in b.tech civil engineering. I continued my study till the 3rd year after that I discontinued. Now I want to go back get graduation. Is it possible to get admission in the 3rd year again from the open university after 4 years?
Yes it is possible to continue B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering after a gap of 4 years only if you were pursing the course from an open university. However if were studying B.Tech from a regular university and have a gap of 4 years you are no more eligible to continue from the 3rd year. You have to start from the first year and follow the entire admission process like a fresher.

The regular university allows a maximum time frame of 6 years and a minimum time frame of 4 years from the year of admission to complete the B.Tech degree. this duration of 6 years includes period of absence, withdrawal and all kinds of leave. This limitation is set by the All India Technical Council of India(AICTE).

The maximum duration for B.Tech degree in open universities is 10 years and minimum duration is 4 years. If a candidate discontinue for 4 years in the middle of the course he/she can start from the same level where they have discontinued. You need to get in touch with the regional head office of the university you were pursuing the course with all the documents related to the B.Tech degree.
15th September 2017, 08:23 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to continue B.Tech civil engineering 3rd year in an open university after 4 years of gap?

1. This is not possible that you pursued bachelor's degree in technology from a regular college upto third year of engineering and now you want to pursue remaining years of bachelor's degree from open university to complete your degree.

2. Some colleges and universities allow academic gap of 1-2 years on basis of medical ground but none will allow to pursue remaining years of bachelor's degree after four years gap. They will ask you to again take admission in first year of engineering.
15th September 2017, 10:05 AM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Four year gap is a long gap to continue your study. Anybody can continue study with a 1 year gap.
You can take admission in graduation but you are not eligible to continue with engineering.
15th September 2017, 04:42 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

As per the norms, the maximum time period for completion of bachelor's degree is eight years. So, you have no need to go in any open university. You have to work hard and resume your earlier degree from the point where you left it. Time frame for completion of degree remains unchanged i.e. eight years.
If you want to join any open university, then you have to start from fresh admission.
15th September 2017, 05:07 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

It is not possible to continue Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering from third year after an academic gap of four years.

In fact, no engineering college or university of India is going to allow you for final year of engineering in open mode. This combination of three years in regular mode and one year in distance is not viable.
15th September 2017, 06:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

How can be it possible that a candidate can pursue Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering upto three years in regular mode and last year of engineering in distance mode. This is not acceptable in any university.

Bachelor of Technology in distance mode is not valid and recognized by All India Council for Technical Education. You will have restart your bachelor's degree from first year of bachelor's degree from any college.
15th September 2017, 06:17 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge you can pursue your studies again after a gap of 3 years. If within 3 years you are continuing it then only you are eligible to complete it. But you are going to pursue it after 4 years gap then, you are not allowed to continue it in between of course. You have to start it from starting means from 1st year from any university.
15th September 2017, 07:10 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, this is not possible to get admission in third year again from open university after four years gap. You can not continue your education from same college with same registration number after 4 years gap of studies.

You need to re register for bachelor's degree course again from any university or same college. You will get admission in first year of engineering.
15th September 2017, 07:34 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

As far as you are concerned about completing your B.Tech in Civil Engineering degree from an open university then I would like to let you know that it is not worthwhile as B.Tech in distance mode is not valid for any government job or for pursuing higher studies.

So if you are really interested to complete your B.Tech degree course then for that you need to refer to the regular mode rather the the distance mode.
1st September 2019, 07:39 AM
Unregistered

Now i am a 2nd year engineering student. I want to distance my education from 3rd year. Is it possible?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?