15th September 2015, 04:50 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to continue my engineering course after a gap of two years?

I was a student of Anna university chennai, did mechanical engg. I left my course during my fourth year. Due to some immigration problem I moved to usa,it's been two years i have been out of my course. Is it possible to continue my course to finish my rest of the subjects in the fourth year?
Kindly advise

15th September 2015, 02:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to continue my engineering course after a gap of two years?

No, not at all, you are now not eligible to continue your mechanical engineering course which you left two years ago. You must know that it is a regular course which is done in four consecutive years.

Any candidate who leaves this course in between has to register again for this course and do right from the first year. Hence, if you are interested you must admission in first year of engineering through any entrance exam like JEE or state level test or get direct admission.
15th September 2015, 03:48 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to continue my engineering course after a gap of two years?

Sorry, you are not eligible for joining the mechanical engineering course which you left in final year of engineering due to personal issues. Every university has some different norms. You have not mentioned your university name, otherwise I would have given you more accurate information.

It would be better if you contact your university as in some university there is provision that you will backlog status in the subjects in which you did not give the exam earlier and now you can appear for the exams to clear the pending backlogs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?