28th June 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do C.A. after Engineering? What is the duration of the course?

Can we do c.a after engineering. In how many years one can complete the CA course?

28th June 2011, 03:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do C.A. after Engineering? What is the duration of the course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can we do c.a after engineering. In how many years one can complete the CA course?
dear friend,

every NIT announced their own MBA entrance test in twice time in a year.

so you can visit regularly to NIT website.

next MBA admission is announce in the month of october.

all the best
28th June 2011, 04:27 PM
shubham957

Default Re: Is it possible to do C.A. after Engineering? What is the duration of the course?

Quote:
yes you can do c.a. after engineering. actually, c.a. and engineering are having no link with each other. for getting admission in c.a. you will have to give cpt exam. the exam will be of 200 marks and you will have to get minimum 100 marks to qualify the exam. the duration of the exam is 3 years. one more thing i must tell you that the c.a. course is a very difficult course and if you fail in one subject then you will have to give all the exams again.
so you must think about it before taking admission.
28th June 2011, 04:33 PM
pabolu pradeep

yes ,you can do your C.A after engineering, the duration of the course is around 3 years and 6months , duration is not constant , depends on you pass all the exams in right time..
28th June 2011, 04:44 PM
frooty.scooty

There are big difference between CA and B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering). Both are of different type of education. B.Tech is a technical education and the C.A. is a commercial education.

after C.A. you can work as chartered accountant in any company or open your office to do work.

You can do C.A. if you have much interest in accounting or you want to start your own business to use your abilities of both in your own business. As before starting own work we must know all aspects and facts in the business. We can say, we must be all rounder.

CA and b.tech are two different streams, one is north pole and other is south pole. CA is for those people who wants to make their career in accounts and finance division.

where as b.tech is for those who wants to make their career in engineering, in various streams of engineering. Going for CA after b.tech is a foolish thing.

go for m.tech after b.tech in the same stream or some other stream.
28th June 2011, 06:40 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
yes you are eligible for CA course.
but after degree..

duration is 4 years
but no one can clear this time .....

hard work got success...........................
25th November 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

It is possible to do C.A. and Engineering at the same time?currently I am in Engg. 3rd yr can I do C.A now in continue with Engg.?
1st November 2012, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1436055]It is possible to do C.A. and Engineering at the same time?currently I am in Engg. 3rd yr can I do C.A now in continue with Engg.?or by quiting engg
29th December 2012, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

I am in 11th science. Can i gave CPT after 12th?what will be the process
29th December 2012, 10:50 PM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,

yes , it is possible to do CA after Engineering. the course duration is of 4 years. this course is very tough. but because of hard work you will get success.
first you have to complete your degree .

umang_28

30th December 2012, 08:48 AM
Budhwarz
Member+

Hi Aspirant

Yes you can go for the charted accountant post after completing you engineering as for the engineering the all scopes are open means you can do Ca after graduation as well as after 12th too and you are filling the criteria for the exam so you can write the ca exam no doubt as first their will be 200 marks exam means pre exam in which 50 marks law and 50 marks accounts include and rest 100 is economics,maths and business

Qualifications Required for Ca:

-The Candidate should be pass in 12th hsc exam

-Or graduate pass candidates can also apply for the exam

Best of luck
30th December 2012, 07:03 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Is it possible to do C.A. after Engineering? What is the duration of the course?

CA after Engineering

Quote:
CA entrance exam a important exam for commerce students of India. If you have passed your 12th with commerce then you are definitely eligible for CA entrance exam. But as seeing from your engineering background i believe you would have done your 12th in science. This exam is strictly for commerce students.

Examination is conducted by ICAI throughout the country. CA i.e Chartered accounting of India is highly professional and well organized job in India. Below are the eligibility conditions for CA entrance exam.

1) You should be 10+2 passed, people with awaiting results or graduated also can apply but as You have done your engineering then yes you are eligible. But if you can write this exam seeing the below pattern then go for it otherwise you are not eligible or not capable enough to crack the exam.

2) There is no percentage requirement for 12th or graduation. And there is no age limits.

Admission Process and CA Entrance Exam Pattern

CPT i.e Common Proficiency test is the exam. It held twice a year in the month of June and December. CPT exam includes 4 subjects which is Accounting, Mercantile laws, General Economics, Quantitative test.

Duration of these exam is 2 hours which is divided into 2 sessions each. It consists of 200 marks exam with a negative marking scheme. To qualify candidates should grab 50% in CPT.
30th December 2012, 07:44 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

Yes, after completing Engineering you can do C.A course.

Actually there is lots of difference between Engineering and C.A course but if you are interested you can go for the course.

In order to go for C.A course you need to give the CPT exam.

If you qualify the exam then you can pursue the C.A course.

Thank you,

All the best.
31st December 2012, 06:29 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes if you have interest in Chartered Accountancy , then you can go for it after finishing your Engineering .

But there are some conditions that you have to consider carefully. These are :

* you must have completed the 4 years Engineering Course from any recognized college/university.

* you must have a minimum of 60% marks in your Engineering.

* you do not have any pending backlogs.

If you fulfill the above mentioned then you can go for CA Course without giving the CPT.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
19th January 2013, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it a distance learning course type..or it has any institute or college in which ,we have to attend classes of it..please sujjest about its study system..?
12th March 2013, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

is it possible to do C.A. after non. med. ( 2) ?
13th March 2013, 08:22 PM
dhap

Quote:
I am in 11th science. Can i gave CPT after 12th?what will be the process
you must try to change ur stream as early as u can , for CPT exam.
4th May 2013, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

should we clear CPT exam after completing my engineering?
18th June 2013, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

how much time does it take to complete ca after completing engineering? can an engineering student skip cpt exam ? give complete information about it ?
21st July 2013, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Is it a distance learning course type..or it has any institute or college in which ,we have to attend classes of it..please sujjest about its study system..?
23rd July 2013, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Dear Aspirant,

One of my class mates in Engineering suddenly decided to do CA while doing Engineering. Those days CPT was not there. He cleared CA Foundation, CA Inter and Part of CA Final while completing his Engineering course. Articleship was balance. After completing Engineering he chose was selected in IIM B
1st August 2013, 08:27 AM
Unregistered

can B. pharma student do c.a. ?
2nd May 2014, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

I have finished my engineering and now am interested to do CA so can we do CA after engineering and whether CPT is required to do CA after engineering..........
pls explain me clearly
18th May 2014, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

AFTER COMPLETING MY B.E/MECHANICAL ENGINEERING,CAN WE DO CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT.IS CPT EXAM IS REQUIRED TO DO CA AFTER ENGINEERING.
1st July 2014, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Hello Dear,

I understand that I need to pass CPT test for CA. please guide me after pass the CPT.
31st August 2014, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m doing my bcom in banking and insurance i m planing for an mba . Can i do an mba in finance wich other mba can i do relating to banks jobs and finance related
23rd September 2014, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have completed Xth after Diploma in EEE passed out 2006 batch. it is possible to do CA course? kindly advice me.

Thanks & Regards,
R.Muthukumar
Madurai.
PH:9677875560
23rd September 2014, 02:30 PM
rkmr1988

Sir,
I have Completed Xth after Diploma in EEE passed out 2006 batch. It is possible to do CA course. Kindly advice me

Thanks & Regards,
R.Muthu Kumar
Madurai
PH:9677875560.
26th April 2015, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am a b.tech(mechanical) 3rd year student & i want to get admission for C.A course.How can it be possible for me please tell me about the process briefly by which i can proceed for this course as soon as possible.please tell me the procedure in my email [email protected] or in my contact no 9800575309
Thanking u
27th April 2015, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

Sir i am a b.tech(mechanical) 3rd year student ca i get admission in C.A course please tell me about the process briefly by which i can get admission into the course easily as soon as possible.Please tell me about the total procedure in my email [email protected] or in my contact no 9800575309
Thanking you
Yours faithfully
Raja Chakraborty
8th June 2015, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

I have completed Diploma in mechanical engineering after 10 th and I want to do chartered accountancy. How I can take admission?
8th June 2015, 08:07 PM
swanand thakur
Member+

Quote:
Yes,you can do C.A. course after engineering, you just have to do is to attempt CPT exam which is of 200 marks of which 100 is qualifying.But C.A is not everyone's path to walk so be careful before going for C.A, just totally think before taking any hilarious decision.

Thanks
10th June 2015, 09:00 AM
Unregistered

My daughter passed 12th with main subjects are maths, physics, chemistry.My questions is can she do CA or cisa, my id [email protected]
5th September 2015, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

I completed my diploma in electrical and electronics engg after 10th class , is it possible to do C.A now ?
12th October 2015, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

can a student do CA along with engineering, and after clearing of both CA and engineering, which kind of job he will get???????
10th February 2017, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in CA but I am pursuing engineering in computer science
Can I do CA after my engineering
Any scope after doing CA for engineering people
7th April 2017, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Will it take more years and efforts if I had completed my 12 with non med and I want to be a CA?
31st May 2017, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

I am pursuing my engg in ece stream.But my interest from the past was CA.my parents was not ready to allow me.But now they accepted my wish and allowed.Now i have applied for CPT june 2017 and I am preparing for that.I have very good marks in sslc,hsc, engg. can I get a good placement offer in future for CA???
27th January 2018, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study CA after completed BE? Now am working as a engineer in an organization is there any way to study CA without resign my job? What is the procedure to do CA?
30th May 2019, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
It is possible to do C.A. and Engineering at the same time?currently I am in Engg. 3rd yr can I do C.A now in continue with Engg.?
Yes offcourse you can start as a combined studies as you are a engg student u need to qualify ca foundation with 50% .your hardwork pays off as I m ca foundation student who is going for June 2019 attempt ,if you have accounts knowledge then sure you will pass as the foundation consist 4 papers that is accounts , maths with statistics and logical reasoning which is familiar to you and the next paper is law which is new for all with English ,and last is economics with BCS it's easy if you study with concentration ,taking risk in life leads to success always aim for star atleast you hit for moon have a great future all the best
11th July 2019, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B-tech computer science engineering, Now I want to CA it is possible and pleases advice if it's possible or not, if it is possible how can I proceed, and from which level I have to proceed to do CA?
3rd July 2021, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm too looking for the same. hahaaha. just for fun
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?