15th June 2016, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get direct admission to 12th after completion of 10th standard?

Is it possible to get direct admission to 12th after completion of 10th standard? Can you please let me know the possibilities on the same? It will be good if you can provide me the information as soon as possible. Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

15th June 2016, 06:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct admission to 12th after completion of 10th standard?

No, you can't get direct admission in 12th standard after completion of your 10th standard. You can get admission only in 11th standard after completion of your 10th standard.

Admissions in 11th standard in most of the schools are offered on basis of 10th standard board examination marks whereas some top schools conducts an admission test for offering admission to merit candidates in 11th standard.

There are different streams available in 11th standard that you can opt any one from the list of below mentioned streams :-

=> Non-Medical Science (PCM) Stream
=> Medical Science (PCB) stream
=> Arts Stream
=> Commerce Stream
15th June 2016, 07:27 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct admission to 12th after completion of 10th standard?

To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to get admission directly for 12th class which is 2nd year of 10+2.

You need to complete 10+2 in the duration of 2 years. In each year, you would be conducted final exams and the total marks in both the years will be considered as your final marks for 10+2 or Intermediate.

Moreover it will not be good for you to go for 12th class directly without completing the first year because all the basics or fundamentals of all the subjects would be included in the 1st year.

Without having strong knowledge in fundamentals, you would face so many problems to understand the subject in your higher studies.

I am not sure of the reason why you directly want to pursue 12th standard. It is not a good choice and it is not allowed.

Choose the top college in and around you and get admission for 10+2 or Intermediate and pursue both the years.
15th June 2016, 08:04 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear it is not possible to get direct admission to do 12th right after completion of 10th. But with out having 12th qualification you can do graduation. But it should be in distance or correspondence mode.

If you want to do 12th first 11th should complete otherwise it will not be possible.
15th June 2016, 08:50 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in 12th standard directly after the 10th standard.

The eligibility to get admission in 12th is candidate must have passed 11th from any recognised board and must have appeared for 10+2 board examination two year before.

So, you are not eligible for direct admission in 10+2 after 10th.
15th June 2016, 09:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to directly appear for board exams of 10+2 after tenth board examination. In order to appear for 10+2 board examination, a candidate has to first get admission in standard 11th.

In standard 11th, registration for board exams of 12th is done and where stream and subject selection is done. If you want to appear for board exams of 12th then you need to take admission in 11th standard and after that you can appear for 12th board exams.
15th June 2016, 10:33 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can not get direct admission in 12th after completion of 10th standard. The procedure for appearing for board exams of 10+2 are:

1. You need to first take admission in any recognized school or college in standard 11th.

2. Select stream and register for board exams. Subjects selection is done at time of registration for board exams.

3. Clear all subjects of standard 11th and then appear for board exams of 10+2.
11th June 2021, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

My daughter gave her 10th exam in 18-19 and due to some reason she cannot applied for 11 th and last year due to covid she didn%u2019t got admission so this year i want her to appear for 12th please suggest
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?