20th July 2016, 02:39 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for polytechnic entrance exam in 2017 on the basis of 12th NIOS board?

Sir I have completed my 10th from CBSE board and I failed in 11th now I am pursuing 12th from NIOS board. Am I eligible for polytechnic entrance of state level in 2017 on the base of 12th NIOS board? Please help me.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for polytechnic entrance exam in 2017 on the basis of 12th NIOS board?
  2. Can I appear in NEET 2017 after passing 12th from NIOS board for second time?
  3. Can I appear in Engineering entrance exams on NIOS Science basis having completed 11th Commerce?
  4. Is it possible to study Polytechnic course along with 12th NIOS for 10th CBSE candidate?
  5. Can a Ex Student give the examination of science stream?
  6. Am I eligible to do polytechnic course after completion of 10th from NIOS board?
  7. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of 12th from NIOS board?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for IPM entrance exam being a 12th NIOS student?
  9. Courses available to study in Singapore on 12th basis for NIOS student?
  10. Can I appear in JEE Main 2017 if appearing in 12th board exams 2017?
  11. Can I take admission in D.Pharmacy course after having completed my 12th from NIOS board? Is there any problem in it?
  12. Can I appear in NEET 2017 if completed CBSE 12th in 2015? -- [New]
  13. Can I appear in 12th NIOS Board exam without appearing in 11th standard? Is NIOS a recognized Board?
  14. Can I get admission in B.Arch through entrance exam if pursuing 12th NIOS? Is CBSE Board equivalent to NIOS Board?
  15. Can I reappear in 12th with NIOS Board if failed from CBSE? Is there any problem to get admission in Engineering on NIOS basis? Regional centre of NIOS in Lucknow?
  16. Is there any problem in getting job at private companies on the basis of NIOS?
  17. Will BITSAT recognize my 12th marksheet from NIOS board? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How to apply for NIOS Senior Secondary exam? What is the eligibility required to pass NIOS?
20th July 2016, 10:10 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for polytechnic entrance exam in 2017 on the basis of 12th NIOS board?

Yes, you are eligible for appearing in polytechnic entrance exam in 2017. NIOS stands for 'National Institute of Open Schooling'. It is a government authorized board. If you had completed your intermediate(without any backlog) from this board, then you are definitely eligible for polytechnic entrance exam in 2017.
20th July 2016, 10:31 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for polytechnic entrance exam in 2017 on the basis of 12th NIOS board?

Polytechnic entrance examinations are conducted by respective state technical board of education for offering admissions to interested candidates in polytechnic course in Private and Government polytechnic colleges of their respective state.

To be eligible to appear in Polytechnic entrance examination, the candidate should have passed 10th standard in all subjects with minimum qualifying marks from a Government recognised board. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with Vocational stream or two years ITI course from a Government recognised board/ institute are eligible to get direct admission in second year of Polytechnic course through Lateral entry admission process.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have failed 11th standard and pursuing 12th standard from NIOS Board, so, you are not eligible to get direct admission in second year of Polytechnic course through Lateral entry admission process, so, I advise you to appear in Polytechnic entrance examination on basis of your 10th standard.
20th July 2016, 12:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I have completed my 10th from CBSE board and I failed in 11th now I am pursuing 12th from NIOS board. Am I eligible for polytechnic entrance of state level in 2017 on the base of 12th NIOS board? Please help me.
Yes, 12th standard from NIOS board candidates are eligible for polytechnic entrance exam 2017.

Those candidates who have passed matriculation/10th with Mathematics, Physical Science & English from Central or State Board recognized by Govt are eligible to apply for polytechnic entrance exam 2017.

Your age should be below 21 years.
20th July 2016, 01:41 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you can confidently sit for the polytechnic entrance examination. NIOS is a famous open schooling system which is increasingly famous among students. Students passing from NIOS too are doing equally good in all major competitive exams.

Not just polytechnic entrance exam you can also sit for the medical, engineering entrance exam of both national and state level. You can also sit for the government job post where 10+2 level certificate is required.

Earlier though most of the universities used to give less preference to the NIOS board students although it was at par with the other popular boards like ISC, CBSE and so on. But now if any university objects then it will be a clear violation of the resolution passed by the HRD Minister of India.
20th July 2016, 03:21 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for any entrance examination after pursuing 10+2 from NIOS. NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is recognised by ministry of HRD.

So, you can pursue 10+2 from it and eligible to appear for examination on the basis of educational qualification.

Polytechnic is three year duration course after 10th so, you are eligible to appear for examination conducted by institution for the admission.
20th July 2016, 06:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. This is a central government recognized board for secondary and higher secondary education. The minimum academic qualification required for polytechnic entrance examination is 10th from a recognized board.

You can also apply for Polytechnic entrance examination on basis of 10th standard results. However, if you are interested to apply for polytechnic entrance exam after 12th board exams then also, there is no problem.
20th July 2016, 10:00 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to appear in this entrance exam. National Institute of Open Schooling is a recognised board and has same value as of other boards such as CBSE, ICSE etc.

Very less institutes of India does not recognise this board but most of the institutes recognise this board.
20th July 2016, 10:18 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your 12th from National Institute of Open Schooling hence you are eligible for the entrance exam in which you are interested as this board had same value as of other boards and is recognised.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?