15th October 2016, 11:02 AM
R.Mohanasundar

Is it possible to get a seat in NIT Trichy without appearing in JEE?

I am a Tamil Nadu state board student, is there any Mechanical Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering seats in Trichy NIT without appearing for JEE? If possible what is the needed cut off?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I get a seat in NIT Trichy after scoring 86 marks in JEE mains
  2. Can I get NIT Trichy or any NIT after scoring 75 in JEE mains
  3. Can I get a seat in NIT Trichy after scoring 158.89 in JEE 2nd paper
  4. Can I get NIT Trichy after scoring 76 in JEE?
  5. Which is the status of 91.7 percentile in girls quota against the general category?
  6. Will I get admission in any NIT specially in NIT-Trichy if scored 171 marks except drawing in JEE Mains being a ST student?
  7. Is it possible to get any seat in NIT trichy after scoring 81 in AIEEE mains?
  8. How much marks are needed in AIEEE to get a guaranteed seat in NIT Warangal or Trichy? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Expected All India Rank for a candidate who has scored 205 marks in JEE Main Paper-II excluding Drawing section? Possibility to get admission in NIT, Trichy?
  10. Can I get CSE or ECE in NIT Warangal or NIT Trichy or NIT Surathkal with 187 marks in JEE Main?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for NIT Trichy after scoring 95 marks in JEE Main exam?
  12. Can I get B.Arch in NIT Trichy after scoring 180 marks in JEE
  13. Am I eligible to get admission to NIT Trichy after scoring 173 marks in JEE Main exam?
  14. Am I eligible for home state quota of Trichy after scoring 192 marks in AIEEE B.Arch? Will I get a seat in NIT Trichy?
  15. Is it possible to get a seat in NIT Trichy after scoring 72?
  16. Can I get CSE or ECE in NIT Warangal or NIT Trichy or NIT Suratkal?
  17. Can I get admission in NIT, Trichy/Calicut/Jaipur if scored 171 marks in JEE Main Paper-II?
  18. Can I get NIT Trichy after scoring 75 marks in JEE mains?

15th October 2016, 03:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get a seat in NIT Trichy without appearing in JEE?

NIT stands for National Institute of Technology. NIT, Trichy is the best NIT out of all. The admission in this technical institute is done on basis of Joint Entrance Exam Main conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education. You can not get admission in any NIT without appearing for JEE Main.

For JEE Main exam, you must have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and scored minimum of 50% marks in board. But a candidate must aim to score high marks in board exam as 10+2 marks plays a vital role in JEE Main exam rank.

15th October 2016, 04:15 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get a seat in NIT Trichy without appearing in JEE?

*Admission to National Institute of Technology is done on basis of Joint Entrance Examination Main rank.

*It is not possible to get a seat in National Institute of Technology without appearing for Joint Entrance Examination.

15th October 2016, 05:24 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No matter from which board of education, you have done your senior secondary examination, you are required to appear for Joint Entrance Exam Main to get admission in National Institute of Technology, Trichy.

There is neither management quota nor any other option for you to get admission in this institute. Your 10+2 marks must be 50% to be eligible for JEE Main. JEE Main score and 10+2 marks will decide your rank and whether you will get admission in NIT or not.

15th October 2016, 05:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

A candidate must fulfill following necessary requirements to get admission in any National Institute of Technology:

First requirement: Passed 12th board exam or appearing for it with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Second requirement: 50% marks at least in board exam is required.

Third and most compulsory, Appear for Joint Entrance exam and obtain rank within 10000.

NIT admission is not possible without JEE.

15th October 2016, 06:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get the admission in the NIT Tirchy in Mechanical or Electronics and Communication engineering without appearing for JEE examination.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in JEE Main examination to get the admission in NIT's and so you have to appear for the examination to get the admission.Your rank in JEE must be less than 3000 to get these stream in NIT Tirchy.

15th October 2016, 06:16 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

The National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, commonly referred to as NIT Trichy, is a public research university near the city of Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu, India.

As per my knowledge, no you are not eligible to get a seat in NIT Trichy without appearing in JEE.

CONTACT ADDRESS

Address: Tanjore Main Road, National Highway 67, Near BHEL Trichy, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620015
Phone: 0431 250 3000

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

www.nitt.edu/

15th October 2016, 07:33 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

JEE Main examination is a National level entrance examination conducted by CBSE for offering admission in engineering course in IIITs, NITs and CFTIs.

No, it is not possible to get a seat in NIT Trichy without appearing in JEE Main examination. To get admission in NIT Trichy, you should have to appear and qualify the JEE Main examination.

Based on your JEE Main examination rank, you need to participate in counselling process and if you are eligible for admission, you will be offered admission in NIT Trichy.

15th October 2016, 08:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held for admission in undergraduate technical courses from top engineering institutes like IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM and other private engineering colleges.

JEE is held by CBSE once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

Now as far as you are concerned about getting the admission in NIT Trichy for B.Tech with ECE stream then I would like to inform you that it is not possible because for admission in any NIT only those applicants are eligible who have atleast managed to qualify JEE Main and have secured good aggregate in his/her board examination. As final merit list for admission in NIT considers the percentile score of marks secured in JEE Main and Class 12th board aggregate.

For more details and updates regarding JEE Main you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.

15th October 2016, 08:04 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, admission in the NIT's are offered only after qualifying in JEE. JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced. Candidates are eligible for admission in NIT's on basis of JEE Main.

The candidates need to have better score and rank below 5000 to get the admission in stream of your choice.

So, it not possible to get admission without appearing for JEE.

15th October 2016, 08:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. Admission in National Institute of Technology is done only through Joint Entrance Examination otherwise, there is no chance for any candidate to get admission in NIT on basis of marks in board exams.

2. Apply for JEE Main 2017 exam and secure top rank to get admission in NIT Trichy.

15th October 2016, 08:35 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Mohanasundar View Post
I am a Tamil Nadu state board student, is there any Mechanical Engineering and Electronics & Communication Engineering seats in Trichy NIT without appearing for JEE? If possible what is the needed cut off?
Admission in NITs is purely based on JEE Main entrance exam.

You will have to qualify this exam anyhow, if you wish to get admission in any of the NIT.

After you qualify this exam, then merit list will be prepared after including your board marks on the basis of which you may get seat during counselling.

Upcoming JEE Main exam will be commenced on 2 April, 2017.

16th October 2016, 12:08 AM
shiwangini raj

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Mohanasundar View Post
Of course no, you can not get entry in Trichy NIT because Trichy NIT is National institute of technology a government engineering college and admission in government engineering college is possible when a candidate appears in JEE exams and achieves greater ranks with good marks then according to merit list first priority are given to take admission in government engineering college .
So, only this way you may get entry in Trichy NIT college...
Thanks

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?