29th April 2015, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to get admission in 5th standard of CBSE Board for a candidate who has completed 4th from Tamil Nadu State Board?

Hello Friends,
My son is 9 years old and he has passed his 4th standard in Tamil Nadu State Board. I am planning to shift him to CBSE pattern. Is my son eligible for admission to 5th standard in CBSE school? Kindly let me know about this.
Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Books for both Tamil Nadu state board and CBSE board will be changed?
  2. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  3. Which board will be better - CBSE or state board?
  4. Should I get transferred to CBSE Board if pursuing 5th standard of State Board in Telangana?
  5. CBSE or State Board, which is better for Medical aspirant?
  6. CBSE students admission to medical colleges in Tamil Nadu?
  7. According to CBSE norms a 10 years old candidate get admission in 4th standard?
  8. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  10. Is it beneficial to transfer from Gujarat State Board to CBSE board for 3rd and 5th standard students?
  11. Is candidate eligible to apply for Tamil Nadu engineering colleges after passing 12th from Delhi?
  12. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and Andhra Pradesh State Board to study in 11th standard?
  13. Is it possible to get admission in 5th CBSE of another school if completed 4th standard at the age of 9 years old?
  14. Can I join 11th in state board if I have completed 10th in CBSE?
  15. Eligibility to apply in CBSE Scholarship for State Board student?
  16. Can I get admission in CBSE Board if studying in State Board?
  17. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  18. Can I get admission in 12th State Board if disqualified from CBSE?
1st May 2015, 03:55 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in 5th standard of CBSE Board for a candidate who has completed 4th from Tamil Nadu State Board?

There is no any eligibility criteria, which you need to satisfy. You can directly apply for 5th standard admission to any CBSE school, after the completion of your 4th standard. To apply for 5th standard admission to CBSE school, first you need to collect following documents from the school, where you have completed your 4th standard.
1)4th standard pass certificate
2)Bonafide
3)Transfer certificate
After collecting these certificates, you should select any good CBSE school and you can apply for admission by submitting your application along with above specified documents.
1st May 2015, 07:23 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to get admission in 5th standard of CBSE Board for a candidate who has completed 4th from Tamil Nadu State Board?

Yes, your son is very much eligible to get admission in class 5 in CBSE board.

But make sure to guide him well in the beginning as he will be shifting to a totally new board with new study pattern.

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for a candidate to et admission in class 5 CBSE.

Admission procedure:

Admission in class 5 is quite simple and you don't have to get into much complications for your child's admission.

Basically, for lower class below standard 5th, there is no provision for entrance test or anything of that sort, however in good reputed schools generally interviews are conducted to study the child's mind strength and to know about the child's exposure to the outer world at his/her level.

It is good if your child is a bit of interactive type as it creates a good impression on the interviewer.

However, in many reputed schools, entrance examination is generally conducted for students of any class who comes for admission as they believe in picking the creamy layer of students and educating them. However, in those schools a test-series is followed by a rigorous interview session for both the child and its parents.

However, to get admission for students in 5th class, you need to follow the below mentioned procedure :-

> You must have to obtain the child Transfer Certificate from the old school and you need to submit it in the new school.

> You must have to submit the child's previous years qualifying examination marks sheet in the new school where you wish to join your children.

> If the school provides admission to 5th standard on the basis of entrance examination, then, your children must have to appear and qualify the entrance examination.

> To get admission in 5th standard in new school, you need to fill up the application form and you need to submit all the above mentioned documents along with the application form.
25th February 2017, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

My daugher's date of birth is 3.4.2012 and she completed U.K.G in Montessori school but now the schools are not accepting her for 1st standard in CBSE board. As per their schedule only 3 days difference for 1st standard eligibility. Please suggest me whether to put her in UKG or 1st std. As her father's job is transferable every one or two years. in future she should not have any problem in admitting higher classes
20th August 2020, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

My son's dob is 24.08.2011.is he eligible to join 5 th standard in cbse school
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?