6th April 2017, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to have only English as the additional subject for class 12th?

Respected Sir, I am interested in Arts but I don't like Hindi and Computer subject so I want to know is it possible to have only English as the additional subject for class 12th? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can i change main subject in 12th under CBSE board?
  2. Repeating 12th class if failed in one subject but passed in additional subject
  3. Is it compulsory to qualify in English additional subject to study M.A. in English?
  4. Should I change my main subject to additional subject or leave that main subject?
  5. Is it possible to pursue Bachelor in Hotel Management if I did not have English as a subject in class 12th? Are there any courses offered by IIHM without English?
  6. Can I appear for a single subject of class 12th CBSE after passing the board exam in the previous year?
  7. Eligibility to appear for CDAC exam after 12th with Biology stream and additional Maths subject but BCA without Maths?
  8. What is the possibility to study Maths alone simultaneously in addition to regular commerce group?
  9. Can I repeat 12th BSEB only for English subject?
  10. What should I choose after class 12th to become a computer science engineering graduate?
  11. Admission in Btech with maths as additional subject -- [Most Discussed]
  12. How many subjects are there in Intermediate course? How many entrance exams to be answered?
  13. Is it possible to change additional subject in 12th if the subject which I had before not present in the new school?
  14. Which subjects should I opt in 12th to do Biotechnology?
  15. Procedure to take additional elective subject English and system of Exam?
  16. Stream to choose after 12th while having Commerce in 12th class?
  17. Which additional subject should I choose in 11th class along with PCM for IAS Exam?
  18. Solved question papers of Class 12th CBSE of BST and English subject?
20th June 2017, 12:45 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to have only English as the additional subject for class 12th?

English is a compulsory subject, you cannot turn it into an additional or optional subject for Class 12th.

However, if you don't like Computer Science and Hindi as additional subjects.

Then, you can opt for Physical Education as an optional subject.

In this subject, you will have to study sports-related activities only.
22nd June 2017, 10:28 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to have only English as the additional subject for class 12th?

In CBSE and ISC board examination of intermediate , candidate have to choose English as a compulsory subject with specialization like commerce /science/arts.
>> Among Computer Science /Hindi/ Environmental or Physical education student have to choose only one subject which need to be cleared as others.

*** I will suggest you to choose computer science as a optional subject as this will help you in graduation and asked in many public and private jobs.
22nd June 2017, 01:54 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Sorry to say but it is not at all possible to keep English as an optional subject.

The compulsory subjects are: English, Political Science,geography, history

Optional subjects are: economics, physical education, maths, IP, music, fine arts, philosophy, sociology, dance , computer etc.

Before you make any decision just keep in mind that how these subjects are going to be useful in future. In every field you'll need computer as the demand in computer field is increasing day by day but yet if you are not interested in hindi or computer then you can opt for physical education or fine arts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?